As a member of the Belgian Society of Cardiology, you are automatically a member of the European Society of Cardiology and the ESC Community.
President : Prof. Bernhard Gerber, FESC
President-Elect : Prof. Rik Willems
Past President : Prof. Michel De Pauw, FESC
Treasurer : Dr. Frank Cools
Number of Members: 448
Year of foundation: 1935
ESC Member since: 1950
Objectives: To promote research and education in the field of cardiology through the Belgian cardiological community.
The Belgian Society of Cardiology coordinates the activities of several working groups.
It organises an annual scientific meeting every year at the end of January/beginning of February.
"Acta Cardiologica" is the official journal of the Belgian national society. Published since 1946 in English, there are six issues per year. Print and online versions are available and the journal is indexed in PubMed, Current Contents, EMBASE, Index Medicus and Medline.
Editorial secretariat contact: Yolanda Thornton
- Belgian Working Group on Interventional Cardiology (BWGIC)
- Belgian Heart Rhythm Association (BeHRA)
- Belgian Working Group on Non-invasive Cardiac Imaging (BWGNICI)
- Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure (BWGHF)
- Belgian Working Group on Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (BWGCPR)
- Belgian Interdisciplinary Working Group on Acute Cardiology (BIWAC)
- Belgian Working Group on Adult Congenital Heart Disease (BWGACHD)
- Belgian Council on Hypertension and Vascular Biology (statutes pending)
- Belgian Working Group on Cardiovascular Nursing (BWGCVN)
- Belgian Working Group Basic Research in Cardiology (BWGBRC)
- Young Cardiologists Club (YCC)