Our mission is to support nurses and allied professionals throughout Europe to deliver the best possible care to patients with cardiovascular disease and their families.
Who We Are
On 28 August, the ESC General Assembly in Munich voted to elevate the long-standing ESC Council on Cardiovascular Nursing and Allied Professions (CCNAP) to an association, one of only seven within the ESC.
Since its launch in Barcelona on 5 September 2006, CCNAP has made significant strides and now counts more than 4,300 members worldwide.
“Nurses and allied professionals play a pivotal role in cardiac care. Evolution of the CCNAP to the Association of Cardiovascular Nursing and Allied Professions (ACNAP) gives further strength to our growing community. It will allow us to collaborate and contribute at an equal level with other subspecialties and associations within ESC so we can play an even greater role in the delivery of optimal cardiovascular care.” – Dr. Tina Hansen (Zealand University Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark), ACNAP president
What We Do
We support nurses and allied professionals through the creation and delivery of a diverse programme of activities, including education, research and mentorship.
- Education: webinars, cardiovascular nursing clinical case gallery
- Career enhancement: ESC Nursing Grants, Travel Grants andMentorship Programme
- Our own congress - the event to attend for cardiovascular nurses and allied professionals: EuroHeartCare Congress
- How to write a successful abstract: submit with success
- An ESC Guidelines Implementation Toolkit designed especially for nurses and allied professionals: Be Guidelines Smart
- Practical tools: core curriculum for the continuing education of nurses in a cardiovascular setting
- Networking: ACNAP Facebook, ACNAP Member Directory and annual networking events
- Over 4,300 members worldwide
- Over 50 volunteers in the ACNAP Board and committees
We believe that nurses and allied professionals play a pivotal role in cardiac care. Interventions developed, tested and implemented by nurses and allied professionals can assist patients to prevent, adjust to and recover from cardiac illness. In ACNAP, you will find a team of dedicated professionals, eager to support you in the delivery of excellent cardiovascular care. Whether you are working in practice, education or research, we welcome and encourage you to join our council. We are committed to your professional development.