Our mission is to promote excellence in cardiovascular nursing and allied professions through practice, education and research.
Who We Are
On 28 August 2018, the ESC General Assembly in Munich voted to elevate the ESC Council on Cardiovascular Nursing and Allied Professions (CCNAP) to an association, one of only seven within the ESC. Since its creation, ACNAP is a dynamic and collaborative association specialising in the prevention, rehabilitation, and management of patients with cardiovascular disease.
ACNAP is the largest international organisation for nurses and allied professionals working in cardiology and represents the interests of its members in both clinical practice and research.
What We Do
Everything we do is about creating and maintaining standards of professional excellence and supporting our members.
- Congress: EuroHeartCare – ACNAP congress
- Education: webinars,clinical case gallery, online courses
- Career enhancement: ESC Nursing Grants, Travel Grants and soon a new Mentorship Programme
- Journal: European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, scientific papers
- Practical tools: core curriculum for the continuing education of nurses in a cardiovascular setting
- Networking: ACNAP Facebook, ACNAP Member Directory and quarterly networking events
- 6, 000 professionals worldwide
- 100+ active volunteers in the ACNAP Board and Committees
- 30% of ACNAP members are under 40
- 50+ European organisations and affiliated societies
- 27 Young National Ambassadors
We believe that nurses and allied professionals play a pivotal role in cardiac care. Interventions developed, tested and implemented by nurses and allied professionals can assist patients to prevent, adjust to and recover from cardiac illness. In ACNAP, you will find a team of dedicated professionals, eager to support you in the delivery of excellent cardiovascular care. Whether you are working in practice, education or research, we welcome and encourage you to join our council. We are committed to your professional development.