This Key Reference Library was commissioned by the EHRA Education Committee. References were selected by members of the EHRA Young EP committee, and subsequently reviewed (and partially revised) by the members of the Education Committee. As such, the selection of references and short summaries are subjective and make no claim to be complete or fully inclusive in any way.
This document is dynamic in that any EHRA Member may suggest correcting, adding or replacing references and / or descriptions. These suggestions will be reviewed on a regular basis by the EHRA Education Committee. Feel free to write to EHRA@escardio.org
This key reference library is based on the EHRA Core Curriculum for the Heart Rhythm Specialist. One of its aim is to is to provide a guide for the ones who planned to seat the EHRA Certification Exams . It includes more than 400 references
It is the result of the collaboration of 3 EHRA Committees: the Education, the Certification- and the Young EP Committees.
Young EP Volunteers
Dr. Bor Antolic, Dr. Harilaos Bogossian, Dr. Pepa Sanchez Borque, Dr. Tarek Boumedien, Dr. Victoria Canadas, Dr. David Duncker, Dr. Emilia Goanta, Dr. Vasile Iliese, Dr. Bratislav Kircanski, Dr. Evgeny Mikhaylov, Dr. Francisco Moscoso Costa , Dr. Sotirios Nedios, Dr. Nikola Pavlovic, Dr. Avi Sabbag, Dr. Vahe Sargsyan, Dr. Francesco Spera, Dr. Philippe Vanduynhoven, Dr. Konstantinos Vlachos
Members of the Education Committee
Prof. Jan Steffel - EHRA Education chair, Dr. Mattias Duytschaever - EHRA Education co-chair, Prof. Kristina Hermann Haugaa, Associate Prof. Clemens Steinwender, Dr. Marta de Riva Silva, Dr. Maxim Didenko, Prof. Andrea Sarkozy, Dr. Rachel ter Bekke, Dr. Martin Hemels, Prof. Jacob Tfelt-Hansen
- Normal and abnormal anatomy of the heart and the conduction system.
- Normal and abnormal general physiology and heart EP, including ion channels, cellular EP, autonomous system influences, and the basic mechanisms of rhythm disorders, syncope, and sudden death.
- Arrhythmic disorders (epidemiology, genetics, pathophysiology, clinical features and diagnosis, prognosis and risk evaluation, treatment, prevention
- Arrhythmogenic diseases and syndromes (epidemiology, genetics, pathophysiology, clinical features and diagnosis, prognosis and risk evaluation, treatment, prevention)
- Diagnostic procedures and techniques in Heart Rhythmology and Clinical EP (rationale, materials and equipment, techniques and procedures, complications, result interpretation, indications and contraindications, ESC Guidelines)
- Pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies clinical EP (rationale, material and equipment, techniques and procedures, side-effects and complications, results, indications and contraindications, ESC Guidelines)
- Professional, legal, ethical, and socioeconomical aspects