- Post congress highlights in acute cardiovascular care: a report from the ACC scientific sessions 2021
- ACVC Young Community: a growing network of tomorrow’s clinicians and scientists
- Cardiogenic shock: the European and the North American perspective
- The ACVC transatlantic collaboration: an initiative for exchange of knowledge and science
- Pulmonary embolism: future perspectives and ongoing trials
Scientific and Position Papers
- Evaluation and management of cancer patients presenting with acute cardiovascular disease: a Consensus Document of the Acute CardioVascular Care (ACVC) association and the ESC council of Cardio-Oncology—Part 1: acute coronary syndromes and acute pericardial diseases
- Consensus Paper: Emergency Department Management of Patients with Adult Congenital Heart Disease: a consensus paper from the ESC Working Group on Adult Congenital Heart Disease, the European Society for Emergency medicine (EUSEM), the European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery (EACTS), and the Acute Cardiovascular Care Association (ACVC)
- 2020 Update of the quality indicators for acute myocardial infarction: a position paper of the Association for Acute Cardiovascular Care: the study group for quality indicators from the ACVC and the NSTE-ACS guideline group
- Composition, structure, and function of heart teams: a joint position paper of the ACVC, EAPCI, EACTS, and EACTA focused on the management of patients with complex coronary artery disease requiring myocardial revascularisation
- Biomarkers of coagulation and fibrinolysis in acute myocardial infarction: a joint position paper of the Association for Acute CardioVascular Care and the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Thrombosis
- The cardiac arrest centre for the treatment of sudden cardiac arrest due to presumed cardiac cause: aims, function, and structure: position paper of the ACVC association of the ESC, EAPCI, EHRA, ERC, EUSEM, and ESICM
- Acute Cardiovascular Care Association position statement for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock: A document of the Acute Cardiovascular Care Association of the European Society of Cardiology
- Atrial fibrillation in acute heart failure: A position statement from the Acute Cardiovascular Care Association and European Heart Rhythm Association of the European Society of Cardiology
- Organisation of intensive cardiac care units in Europe: Results of a multinational survey
- Diagnosis and risk stratification of chest pain patients in the emergency department: focus on acute coronary syndromes. A position paper of the Acute Cardiovascular Care Association
- Chronic infarct size after spontaneous coronary artery dissection: implications for pathophysiology and clinical management
- Frailty and the management of patients with acute cardiovascular disease: A position paper from the Acute Cardiovascular Care Association
- European Society of Cardiology, acute cardiovascular care association, SCAD study group: a position paper on spontaneous coronary artery dissection
- ACVC Position Paper on intensive cardiovascular care units: An update on their definition, structure, organisation and function
Update of the 2005 position paper on acute cardiovascular care organisation, using a multinational working group.
This update also strongly recommends that acute cardiac care and intensive cardiovascular care units are part of a wider hospital network, linking university medical centres, large community hospitals, and smaller hospitals with more limited capabilities.
- Position Statement on The organisation of chest pain units
- From the Association's Biomarker Study Group :
- Quality indicators for acute myocardial infarction
- Safe discharge of acute heart failure patients from the emergency department.
- Will sacubitril-valsartan diminish the clinical utility of B-type natriuretic peptide testing in acute cardiac care?
Release at ESC Congress 2016 in Rome, Italy:
Published in EHJ-ACVC
Position Paper from the Association's study group on quality of care
Association scientific paper
- Impact of initial hospital diagnosis on mortality for acute myocardial infarction: A national cohort study
and also in the news on BBC news
- How to use D-dimer in acute cardiovascular care
- Pre-hospital management of patients with chest pain and/or dyspnoea of cardiac origin.
- Acute Heart Failure: A call for interdisciplinary care
- In search for the Holy Grail: suggestions for studies to define delta changes to diagnose or exclude acute myocardial infarction
Interested in reading more?
Discover the European Heart Journal - Acute Cardiovascular Care (EHJ-ACVC)