As a member of the Italian Federation of Cardiology, you are automatically a member of the European Society of Cardiology and the ESC Community.
The Italian Federation of Cardiology (FIC) represents the Italian cardiology community in Europe and worldwide. It was founded in the year 2000 and it groups together the two main national cardiology societies, namely the Italian Society of Cardiology (SIC) and the Italian Association of Hospital Cardiologists (ANMCO). The FIC Board of Directors includes three members from each cardiology society. The President is appointed for three years and is alternately a representative of one of the two constituent societies.
The primary aims of the FIC are:
- To represent the Italian cardiology community within the European Society of Cardiology and to interact with the international cardiology community
- To plan, develop and implement a common, unified policy for the promotion of:
- optimal patient care and cardiovascular disease prevention
- professional continuing education programmes
- standards and diagnostic/therapeutic guidelines
- relationships with local healthcare authorities and the healthcare national system
Executive Board 2019-2020
President: Dr. Stefano Urbinati, FESC
Vice-President: Prof. Perrone-Filardi
Secretary: Prof. Sinagra, FESC
Treasurer: Dr. Colivicchi, FESC
Councillor: Dr. Gabrielli
Councillor: Prof. Indolfi, FESC
Number of Members: 4571
Year of Foundation: 1998
ESC Member since: 1998
Giornale Italiano di Cardiologia is the journal of Italian Federation of Cardiology issued 11 times a year in Italian. The first publication was in 2000.
Editor in chief: Giuseppe Di Pasquale.
Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine is a monthly publication of the Italian Federation of Cardiology in English. It publishes original research articles, epidemiological studies, new methodological clinical approaches, case reports, design and goals of clinical trials, review articles, points of view, editorials and images in cardiovascular medicine.
Editor in chief: Livio Dei Cas