As a member of the Austrian Society of Cardiology, you are automatically a member of the European Society of Cardiology and the ESC Community.
President: Dr. Georg Delle-Karth, FESC
President Elect : Prof. Daniel Scherr, FESC
Secretary: Prof. Noemi Pavo, FESC
Treasurer: Dr. Markus Stuhlinger
Past President: Prof. Bernhard Mezler, FESC
Number of Members: 933
Year of Foundation: 1968
ESC Member since: 1969/1970
The first issue of the Austrian Journal of Cardiology was published in 1993. The journal is issued 6 times a year, in German. Editor in chief: is Prof. Kurt Huber.
You can register online via the 'Newsletter Abo' section here.
The activities of the society are driven by 18 Working Groups:
- Atherosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology - Chairman: J. Wojta, Co-chairman: A. Niessner
- Congenital Heart Disease - R. Maier, J. Mair
- Echocardiography - G. Blazek, Th. Binder
- Experimental Cardiology - B. Metzler, B. Podesser
- Cardiac Surgery - O. Pachinger, M. Grimm
- Heart Failure - M. Hülsmann
- Interventional Cardiology - G. Gaul, E. Maurer
- Magnetic Resonance and Cardiac CT - S. Globits, G. Friedrich
- Psychosomatic Topics in Cardiac Disease - G. Titscher, O. Ambros
- Cardiac Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention - Ch. Marko, M. Wonisch
- Cardiac Nurses and Technicians - S. Jaksch, M. Hangel
- Pulmonary Working Group - R. Sterinter-Mascherbauer, M. Kneussl
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Medicine - J. Reisinger, G. Delle-Karth
- Non-invasive Electrophysiology - P. Smetana
- Cardiologists in Clinical Practice - D. Keroe, A. Wagner
- Nuclear cardiology - S. Graf, Ch. Pirich
- Prevention and Atherosclerosis - F. Hoppichler, O. Traindl
- Rhythmology - F. Roithinger, B. Strohmer
Scholarships and Research grant: The Society actively supports research and young investigators with a yearly budget of approx. 60.000,00 Euro. The application form can be downloaded from the home page.