- To create an integrated community of young cardiologists and allied health care professionals in heart failure in their respective countries.
- To expand the community of young Heart Failure Specialists by recruiting HFA Members in their country.
- To promote the activities of the HFA (scientific activities, webinars, research activities, grants, etc.).
- To give feedback about the specific needs and interests of young heart failure specialists in their country.
HFA Young Ambassadors are expected to:
- Act as a primary contact with the HFA Young Committee and the young community in their country.
- Establish, in their country, a national network of young healthcare professionals who are interested in heart failure at different stages of their careers.
- Promote an international network of young scientists interested in heart failure, and to promote membership in their countries.
- Represent the needs and interests of their national colleagues within the HFA Young community in liaison with the HFA Young Committee.
- Participate in the activities of the HFA and promote the activities of the HFA Young Community.
- Actively interact on HFA social network platforms.
- Provide a report bi-annually on their activities as ambassadors.
- Enhance their professional network, become a member of an international network, and gain visibility.
- Attend and actively participate in regular conference calls
HFA Young Ambassadors (2023-2024)
|ESC ACS||First Name|
||Daniella Motta; Tereza Lira|
|Malaysia||Diana Foo; Raja Ezman Faridz Bin Raja Shariff|
|Saudi Arabia||Ahmed Elgohari|
Requirements and application
HFA Young Ambassadors are appointed for a two-year mandate, renewable once, by the HFA Young Committee after consultation with National Heart Failure Societies/Groups and are the link between the HFA Young and national networks.
At the beginning of each mandate, the HFA will liaise with national heart failure societies to appoint ambassadors. Further applications must be submitted by email to the committee. The HFA Young Committee will review all applications, and final selections will be made by HFA Board and HFA President.
Applicants must be under 40 years of age and be HFA Silver Members, HFA Gold Members, or Fellows of the HFA.
Applicants must provide :
- Curriculum vitae with detailed personal information
- Short motivation letter, highlighting career stage and future career outline. The motivation letter should include the applicant's contributions to the activities of the HFA, as well as expectations and goals to be achieved during the two-year mandate
Interested in becoming an HFA Young Ambassador? Apply now