The EACVI has created “Excellence in Education Awards“ to recognise, highlight and encourage the dedication of outstanding educators in cardiovascular imaging.
Awards are presented in three categories:
- Outstanding Early-Career Educator Award (<10 years since completion of training)
- Distinguished Mid-Career Educator Award (10-20 years since completion of training)
- Distinguished Master Educator Award (>20 years since completion of training)
Call for nominations
Both self-proposed and peer-proposed nominations are encouraged.
If you think that your contribution to education stands out, consider applying for the EACVI Award for Excellence in Education.
If you know someone who deserves an Award for Excellence in Education, please consider nominating them.
Applications are accepted via an application form (the link will be available during the open application period)
- EACVI Silver Membership or Fellow of the EACVI (FEACVI) status is required for all candidates
- Fellow of the ESC (FESC) or FEACVI status is required for candidates for Mid-Career and Master Awards
Candidates will need to submit:
- Their CV
- Educational portfolio: theses, teaching courses, mentorship programmes, supervisor of EACVI/ESC/national grants, education leadership positions, etc.
- Letters of support from other FESC/FEACVI; from Head of Department; from individuals mentored or trained
- Current EACVI Board Members cannot be nominated
Step 1. Pre-screening: the pre-selection committee will review all nominees and preselect nine finalists (three per category)
Step 2. Grading of the finalists by the Awards task force
Step 3. Decision: The award will go to the highest score of each category
The EACVI Excellence in Education Awards will be announced during the Inaugural or the Closing Session at the annual EACVI congress. Awardees will also be acknowledged on this web page.
EACVI Excellence in Education Awardees
EACVI Excellence in Education Awards Task Force 2020-2022
- Alexandros Stefanidis (Greece) Co-Chair (Preselection Committee)
- Maria J. Andrade (Portugal) Co-Chair (Preselection Committee)
- Ivan Stankovic (Serbia)
- Jarek Kasprzak (Poland)
- Hani Mahmoud (UK) – HIT
- Inga Voges (Germany)
- Sarah Moharem-Elgamal (UK)
- Anastasia Kitsiou (Greece)
- Mark Westwood (UK)
- Senta Graf (Austria)
- Tomáš Paleček (Czechia)
- Blazej Michalski (Poland) – HIT Committee Chair 2020-2022
- Matteo Cameli (Italy) – HIT Committee Chair 2018-2020
- Nina Ajmone Marsan (Netherlands) – Education Chair 2020-2022
- Denisa Muraru (Italy) – Education Chair 2018-2020
- Giovanni Di Salvo (Italy) – Education Deputy Chair 2018-2020
- Bernard Cosyns (Belgium) – EACVI President 2020-2022
- Steffen E Petersen (UK) – EACVI President-Elect 2020-2022
- Thor Edvardsen (Norway) – EACVI Past President 2018-2020
- Bogdan Popescu (Romania) – EACVI Past President 2016-2018