Please read the disclaimer on Personal Data Privacy before applying.
Who is eligible for a travel grant?
To be eligible you need:
- To be a member of the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science
- To have an abstract accepted in basic or bench categories
- Be under 36 at the time of presentation
Submit your abstract for ESC Congress 2020. Deadline: 14 February 2020
Financial support for basic science at ESC Congress
The Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science wishes to encourage in particular submissions from basic scientists. Supported by the ESC Board, several measures have been implemented to enhance and improve basic science at the annual congress. Specific sessions in cardiovascular research are aimed at basic scientists. Presenters of translational as well as fundamental experimental work, labelled as "bench" research, in particular young scientists, will receive the following financial support:
- free registration for presenters under 36 whose abstract is accepted in the categories "bench" or "basic science"
- travel awards of 500 Euros each for the best submissions (upon request of a travel award to the Council and within the limit of the number of travel awards available).
The selection of awardees will be made on the basis of the quality of the submitted abstract as scored by an international review panel. Preference will be given to persons who have never received this travel grant.
How to apply for a travel grant?
After receiving confirmation of acceptance of your abstract for ESC Congress, you are welcome to apply for a travel grant from the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science.
Candidates can only apply via the online application form.
At the time of application, formal eligibility criteria will be checked. If you are not eligible, the Basic Science Travel Grant application form may not be visible.
Before completing the application, please prepare a curriculum vitae as you will have to attach it.
The CV should be one page maximum and include:
- key papers or research topic
- main supervisor (if applicable)
- the title of your accepted abstract
- the number of your accepted abstract (e.g. 83 XXX)
- Deadline to apply: 15 June
- Review: 15 June - 15 July
- Results announced: 17 July
Additional initiatives for basic scientists at ESC Congress:
- the CBCS Basic Science Poster Reception, an opportunity to further discuss science in an informal gathering
- the Basic & Translational Science Hot Line, for submission of late-breaking abstracts with special web coverage
- the ESC Young Investigator Award.
Personal Data Privacy
The information collected is subject to a computerised process to record, evaluate and track your grant application. The recipients of the data are:
- The staff in charge of processing Council grant applications and, where a grant is awarded, the staff in charge of paying the grant monies.
- Persons to whom the request will be sent for review and evaluation.
In accordance with the law N°78-17 of January 6, 1978, amended in 2004, relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, you have a right to access and rectify information concerning you, which you can exercise by contacting:
Data Privacy - Customer Services
European Society of Cardiology
2035 Route des Colles
06903 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS. FRANCE
You can also, for legitimate reasons, oppose the processing of data about you.