A global network within the scientific EP community was created for members younger than 40 to assist them with scientific exposure and networking opportunities.
The Young EP Committee facilitates, enhances and accelerates career development for these electrophysiologists in the early stages of their career.
EHRA Young EP Committee 2022–2024
The committee's goal is to promote the work of its members and create a global network within the scientific EP community to assist with non-clinical professional training needs.
Dr. Katarzyna Malaczynska-Rajpold
Dr. Martin Manninger
Dr. Emilia Violeta Goanta
Dr. Bart Mulder
Dr. Martina Nesti
Dr. Ivan Zeljkovic
Dr. Raquel Adelino Recasens
Dr. Henrike Hillmann
Dr. Konstantinos Triantafyllou
Dr. Tomasz Jadczyk
- Build a network for young electrophysiologists (EPs)
- Give up-to-date educational content to young EPs
- Develop congresses and events for young EPs
- Create a young EP exchange programme
EHRA Young EP Network
Who can join?
- Electrophysiologists and cardiac device specialists in or out of training until the age of 40 years old
- Electrophysiologists and cardiac device specialists within three years after training if over 40 years old
Discover one of the benefits of getting involved with EHRA: training opportunities
EP National Ambassadors
The EHRA Young EP Ambassadors are nominated every two years by the EP Working Group/National Cardiac Society President.
The role of the Young EP Ambassador is crucial – they contribute to the creation of a global network within the scientific EP community, stimulate involvement, and promote membership in their regions.
Young EP initiatives
New! Library of EP recordings
The Young EP committee has developed a new library of cases to enhance the practical aspect of training in electrophysiology by systematically going through different aspects of electrophysiology and pacing procedures. Access commented video recordings live from the EP lab and develop your knowledge.
Learn more about the recordings.
EHRA Young EP Insight Programme
The EHRA Young EP committee has launched a new networking opportunity for EHRA Young EP members.
The Young EP Insight Programme is a non-funded 1-2 week observership in a chosen EP centre.
This initiative connects centres with Young EPs which allows the young electrophysiologist to gain new experiences, expand their expertise, and learn about how other centres manage workflow and practices.
In addition, the hosting centres will also expand its network of collaboration and have the opportunity to show its clinical and educational excellence in the field of cardiac electrophysiology and devices.
Find out more about the programme.
EHRA Young Ambassador Summit
This Annual Summit is an opportunity to strengthen relations between EHRA Young EP National Ambassadors as well as to foster networking.
This year's edition took place 8–9 June in Zagreb, Croatia.
EHRA Young EP on social media
- The Young EP community group creates a network of young physicians interested in cardiac rhythm management and stimulates young physicians to brainstorm on new projects.
- To join the Facebook group, please contact your National Ambassador so that he/she can invite you, or contact: email@example.com
Via these groups, you can get regular updates you on congresses, grants, educational courses, webinars and many other opportunities dedicated to the young community
- Current perspectives on wearable rhythm recordings for clinical decision-making: the wEHRAbles 2 survey
- Utilisation and perception of same-day discharge in EP procedures and device implantations
- Reprocessing of electrophysiology material in EHRA countries: an EHRA Young EP Survey
- Role of wearable rhythm recordings in clinical decision making—The wEHRAbles project
- EHRA Young Electrophysiology community: the future is just ahead
- EHRA Young Electrophysiology community: introducing our National Ambassadors of Italy, Turkey, and Poland
- European Heart Rhythm Association Young Electrophysiology Community: introducing the National Ambassadors of Germany, Lebanon, and Croatia
- Career building in countries with electrophysiology underdevelopment: roadblocks and solutions—an EHRA Young EP Report
- Current status of interventional cardiac electrophysiology training in ESC member countries: an EHRA Young EP Report
- Survey on the research activities within the EHRA Young EP community
Activities during EHRA congresses
During EHRA annual congresses, the EHRA Young EP committee aims to give maximum visibility and provide an optimal environment for Young EP members to network and develop their careers.
As a career development event, the Young EHRA committee prepares annual "Speed mentoring sessions" enabling the participants to meet and exchange with senior EHRA representatives as well as younger, successful EHRA Members. Find out more.
New! In 2022, the EHRA Young EP Committee challenged the young EPs to an ECG Contest. The finals in 2022 took place live at EHRA 2022 in Copenhagen. See who won.