Purpose and Scope
To provide a networking opportunity and contribute to the development of clinical experience in the field of arrhythmias, Cardiac Pacing (CP) or cardiogenetics in a chosen centre for cardiac electrophysiology (EP) and devices or with the expertise in cardiogenetics. The goal of this programme is also to give the participants some insight into the workflow of different EP or cardiogenetics centres, allowing them to watch state-of-the-art techniques, strategies, clinical and procedural standards thanks to a one to two weeks hands-off training with an expert electrophysiologist or specialist in cardiogenetics. Lastly, this programme can act as an introduction and first experience for Young EPs planning on a longer future visit to the chosen centre.
EP Insight has been designed for physicians with some experience in the field of cardiology, cardiogenetics and/or interventional electrophysiology. The visiting Young EP will gain theoretical knowledge in different clinical and interventional settings, including EP/CP techniques and procedures such as, all hands-off:
- Conventional electrophysiology as well as advanced ablation strategies for the treatment of complex atrial and ventricular arrhythmias (including 3D mapping methods and image integration);
- Basic permanent pacing as well as complex CRT procedures;
lead extraction, leadless pacemakers and S-ICD implantations ;
- inherited cardiac conditions service;
as well as:
- Cardiovascular research and scientific networking;
- Different academic models.