Our mission: improving the quality of life and reducing sudden cardiac death by limiting the impact of heart rhythm disturbances.
Who We Are
As a branch of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) is the leading network of European Cardiac Rhythm Management. The EHRA is a strong association with more than 4,100 members around the globe, including physicians, arrhythmologists, young electrophysiologists, nurses and allied professionals.
What We Do
- Provide education, recognise quality, stimulate research and advocate before policymakers
- Ensure the dissemination of knowledge and set standards
- Provide training and certification to physicians and allied professionals involved in the field of cardiac arrhythmia with a special focus on atrial fibrillation (AF) and electrophysiology (EP)
- Release international consensus documents and position papers
- Disseminate high-quality, unbiased, evidence-based, scientific information
- Provide resources for patients with AF via a website in 13 languages - www.afibmatters.org; and for patients with an implanted cardiac device (launched in 2022) a website in 2 languages - myrhythmdevice.org