"Be part of EHRA and apply!
In 2024, EHRA will hold member elections for positions on EHRA’s next 2024-2026 Executive Board and Nominating Committee. Check the timelines!"
Prof. Christophe Leclercq
2022–2024 EHRA Nominating Committee Chair
- 2 October 2023: Call for candidates
- 15 November 2023: Deadline to submit applications
- 8 January 2024 (23:59 CET): Voting rights eligibility deadline (see below)
- 8 February 2024: Announcement of the candidates and opening of the voting platform
- 8 February - 8 March 2024 (23:59 CET): Online voting first round
- 18–29 March 2024 (23:59 CET): Online voting second round (in the case none of the candidates gains 50%+1 vote of the total number of votes cast in the first round)
Announcement of the results will be made on the EHRA website the next working day which follows the first round (or second round if needed). The official announcement will be made at the EHRA General Assembly (GA) at EHRA 2024 (8 April 2024).
- 1 President-Elect
- 1 Secretary
- 1 Treasurer
- 5 Nominating Committee Members
EHRA bylaws: eligibility criteria
As announced during the last EHRA General Assembly held in April 2023, bylaws have now replaced the EHRA Constitution (validated by the ESC Board on 25 August 2023). In accordance with these new bylaws, please note the following.
Only EHRA Members originating from an ESC member country (country of work, as specified in your My ESC profile) and with an active membership may stand for Board and Nominating Committee positions.
Eligibility for EHRA Board positions
- All candidates for a voting position have to sign the EHRA elections statement (via the electronic application form) and candidate's code of conduct and submit their Declaration of Interest (DOI) prior to the start of the elections process. If this requirement is not fulfilled, the candidate will not be accepted.
- A candidate can apply to only one voting Board position. Except for those applying for the position of President-Elect, candidates cannot stand for election for more than three consecutive elections.
- An EHRA Board Member may not hold more than three leadership positions at the same time. Sitting on the nucleus of an ESC Working Group or Council or Association is counted as one leadership position. A candidate who already holds three offices may therefore not stand for election or be proposed as a candidate, except if one of its term of office expires before the new functions start.
Individuals not eligible
- Ex-officio EHRA Board Members are eligible for elected EHRA Board positions, under the condition that they held another position (not as ex-officio) in previous mandates as described herein.
- Representatives and employees from healthcare industry companies are not eligible for EHRA Board positions.
Members of the current (2022–2024) Nominating Committee cannot be candidates for the elections organised in 2024.
Specific eligibility criteria
- Candidates for the position of President Elect must be a FESC and a Fellow of the EHRA, currently serving or have served in the immediate previous EHRA Board or in the pre-previous Board as voting or appointed members.
- Candidates for the positions of Secretary and Treasurer must be currently serving or have served on a previous or current full Board or as previous Committee member, Committee Chair, Committee Co-Chair or Coordinator.
Procedure for the election of the EHRA Board and Nominating Committees
- Elections will be organised under the responsibility of the Nominating Committee.
- The new EHRA Executive Board and Nominating Committee members are elected by the voting members of EHRA and announced at the General Assembly that immediately precedes the two-year term of the said Board.
- The elections will be conducted electronically.
- Voting will be by secret ballot. If only one candidate is proposed for any position, a vote will take place in any case. The proposed candidate(s) will be elected if he/she gains 50%+1 vote of the total number of votes cast. Abstentions, null and blank votes are not included in the number of votes cast.
- If any candidate is not elected by a majority of votes, their candidature will fail. The Nominating Committee must make a new proposal within three months, followed by voting through secret ballot. The EHRA Nominating Committee will supervise the said vote.
- If three or more candidates are proposed for any position, and none of them gains 50%+1 vote of the total number of votes cast, a second round of election will be organised for the two best-placed candidates. The candidate who gains 50%+1 vote of the total number of votes cast in the second round is elected.
Only EHRA Members having settled their membership dues by 8 January 2024 (23:59 CET) and who are still members on that date have voting rights.
Some additional criteria will be taken into consideration for the positions of President-Elect, Secretary and Treasurer:
- Proficiency in English
- Having an active career at the time of taking office
- Being in clinical practice (at least 30%) at the time of application
- Having no significant conflict of interest according to the ESC DOI policy.
The application period is now closed. Candidates will be announced on 8 February 2024.
If you have any questions please contact EHRA at firstname.lastname@example.org