Who can benefit?
- Interventional cardiologists who are EAPCI Members, returning from sickness or maternity leave or planning to return from maternity leave shortly after the start of the programme.
What are the objectives?
- Meet the needs of interventional cardiologists returning to work after maternity or sickness leave, by providing the unique opportunity of one-to-one remote coaching.
- Provide return-to-work guidance and support in terms of confidence, knowledge and career pursuing in order to facilitate this process.
- Provide for equal opportunities in terms of access to education and career development in interventional cardiology after a period of absence.
- For female candidates, encourage and support women to pursue career in interventional cardiology after maternity leave.
- be an EAPCI Member,
- have at least one year of experience in interventional cardiology, during (or with completed) specialisation in cardiology,
- be a citizen or permanent resident of an institutional ESC member country*, AND, at the time of application, be working/training in an institutional ESC member country,
- be returning from sickness or maternity leave (or planning to return from maternity leave shortly after the start of the programme).
Not an EAPCI Member yet? Join us now!
How does it work?
- This online coaching programme takes place over 12 months.
- Each mentor is paired with a mentee and together they are expected to develop a research, education and/or quality improvement project, to be carried out over the 12-month cycle. Selected candidates will also participate in networking events organised by the EAPCI.
- Each month, a two-hour online meeting (or two, one-hour online meetings) at any time agreed by the participants will focus on professional achievements/challenges and/or updates on research projects. In addition, the mentee can contact the mentor via email, if needed.
- Mentor and mentee can agree on remote proctoring on selected procedural cases based on bilateral availabilities.
- This is a voluntary programme for mentors and mentees.
The EAPCI Selection Committee will be responsible for assigning a mentor to the selected candidates.
This list is non exhaustive:
- Prof. Emanuele Barbato (Italy)
- Dr. Louise Buchanan (United Kingdom)
- Prof. Robert-Jan van Geuns (the Netherlands)
- Dr. Fabio Mangiacapra (Italy)
- Dr. Fina Mauri (Spain)
- Dr. Valeria Paradies (the Netherlands)
- Dr. Radoslaw Parma (Poland)
- Assoc. Prof. Jolanta Siller-Matula (Austria)
- Prof. Nicole Karam (France)
- Prof. Giulio Stefanini (Italy)
- Prof. Rui Teles (Portugal)
- Prof. Gabor Toth (Austria)
How to apply
Candidates can apply online until March 2024.
The results will be announced during EuroPCR 2024, in May. The coaching programme will take place from May 2024 to May 2025.