Who can benefit?
Young interventional cardiologists who are EAPCI Members.
What are the objectives?
- Meet the needs of the young community, by providing the unique opportunity of one-to-one remote coaching.
- Provide for equal opportunities between countries in terms of access to education and career development in interventional cardiology.
- Establish collaborative networking between experienced and in-training interventional cardiologists.
- For female candidates, encourage and support women to pursue career in interventional cardiology.
- be an EAPCI Member,
- have at least one year of experience in interventional cardiology, during (or with completed) specialisation in cardiology,
- be a citizen or permanent resident of an institutional ESC member country*, AND, at the time of application, be working/training in an institutional ESC member country; and
- be under 40 years of age on the day of the application deadline.
Not an EAPCI Member yet? Join us now.
*The Belorussian Scientific Society of Cardiology and the Russian Society of Cardiology are temporarily suspended from membership in the ESC. Read ESC Statement.
How does it work?
- This online coaching programme takes place over 12 months
- Each mentor is paired to a mentee and together they are expected to develop a research, education and/or quality improvement project, to be carried out over the 12 month cycle. Selected candidates will also participate in networking events organised by the EAPCI.
- Each month, a two hour online meeting (or two, one hour online meetings) at any time agreed by the participants will focus on professional achievements/challenges and/or updates on research projects. In addition, the mentee can contact the mentor via email, if needed.
- Mentor and mentee can agree on remote proctoring on selected procedural cases based on bilateral availabilities.
- This is a voluntary programme for mentors and mentees.
The EAPCI Selection Committee will be responsible for assigning a mentor to the selected candidates.
How to apply
The application period closed on 5 May 2022.
Online Coaching Programme Winners 2022
- Gianluca Castaldi (Italy)
- Sherhii Chaichuk (Ukraine)
- Afonso Félix-Oliveira (Portugal)
- Simone Fezzi (Italy)
- Davorka Lulic (Croatia)
- Ana Rita Pereira (Portugal)
- Graziella Pompei (Italy)
- Benedikt Schrage (Germany)
- Krishnaraj Sinhji Rathod (UK)
- Dimitrios Terentes-Printzios (Greece)
- Sharmaine Thiru (UK)
- Evelina Toscano (Italy)