Each section advises the board of the association on promotion and organisation of activities in their special field of interest including research, practice, education and policy according to the overall objectives of the Association.
Secondary prevention and rehabilitation
This mission includes, but is not limited to:
- enhancement of healthy lifestyles (by dietary counselling, exercise prescription/training and physical activity, psychosocial and motivational counselling/health, smoking cessation)
- risk factor management (e.g. obesity, diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidaemia and non-conventional risk factors)
- implementation of comprehensive, multidisciplinary prevention and exercise-based rehabilitation programs (centre-based and tele-rehabilitation) for persons with acquired or congenital cardiovascular disease or elevated cardiovascular risk (including challenging populations such as organ transplant recipients or persons with chronic renal failure, frailty or cancer)
- basic and translational research to study the underlying mechanisms involved in the health-promoting effects of secondary prevention and rehabilitation, which will contribute to optimised treatments to persons with cardiovascular disease
Discover the EAPC Secondary Prevention and Rehabiliation section
Population science and public health
- Investigating, defining standards and promoting cardiometabolic health on a population level.
- Stressing the importance of socio-economic, environmental, lifestyle, metabolic risk factors and treatment in cardiovascular prevention at all levels.
- Defining and enabling risk stratification for prevention.
- Supporting cardiologists, allied professionals, researchers, and policymakers in their prevention activities.
Discover the EAPC Population Science and Public Health section
Sports cardiology and exercise
- Investigating, defining standards, and promoting cardiovascular screening and preventive care in sports.
- Promoting high-quality research and education related to exercise.
Discover the EAPC Sports Cardiology and Exercise section
Primary care and risk factor management
- investigating, defining standards, and promoting cardiovascular disease prevention in the primary care setting, including risk factor management for those at risk and those with established cardiovascular diseases.
Discover the EAPC Primary Care and Risk Factor Management section