The section's mission:
This mission includes, but is not limited to:
- Enhancement of healthy lifestyles (by dietary counselling, exercise prescription/training and physical activity, psychosocial and motivational counselling/health, smoking cessation)
- Risk factor management (e.g. obesity, diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidaemia and non-conventional risk factors)
- Implementation of comprehensive, multidisciplinary prevention and exercise-based rehabilitation programs (centre-based and tele-rehabilitation) for persons with acquired or congenital cardiovascular disease or elevated cardiovascular risk (including challenging populations such as organ transplant recipients or persons with chronic renal failure, frailty or cancer)
- Basic and translational research to study the underlying mechanisms involved in the health-promoting effects of secondary prevention and rehabilitation, which will contribute to optimised treatments to persons with cardiovascular disease
Section Nucleus 2022-2024
Chair: Roberto Pedretti (IT)
Chair-elect: Matthias Wilhelm (CH)
Secretary: Véronique Cornelissen (BE)
Past-Chair, Executive Officer liaison: Dominique Hansen (BE)
- Maria Back (SE)
- Scott Bowen (UK)
- Stefan Busnatu (RO)
- Carmen de Pablo y Zarzosa (ES)
- Andreas Gevaert (BE)
- Dominique Hansen (BE)
- Jari Laukkanen (FI)
- Elena Marques Sule (ES)
- Daniel Neunhaeuserer (IT)
- Elena Osto (CH)
- Annett Salzwedel (DE)
- Kai Savonen (FI)
- Martijn Scherrenberg (BE)
- Elena Tessitore (CH)
- David R Thompson (UK)
- Nicolle Kränkel (DE)
- Henner Hanssen (CH)
- Marcus Dörr (DE)
Written by experts of the EAPC sections, to assist you in your daily practice.
Access position papers and scientific statements from EAPC and its sections.
Publications selected for you by the EAPC Section on Secondary Prevention & Rehabilitation.
Cardiac rehabilitation and secondary prevention educational courses (Bern courses)
Discover our educational offer
Hot topics are reviewed with analysis provided for you by our key opinion leaders.
Discover comments from EAPC experts in the field of lifestyle and cardiovascular disease prevention.
Interested in the secondary prevention and rehabilitation activities?