ESC Congress 2019 together with World Congress of Cardiology
- Taking place 31 August - 4 September 2019 in Paris. See the rehabilitation and sports cardiology sessions.
Resources from previous congresses
- Abstracts, slides and videos from ESC congresses. Access everything on ESC 365.
ESC TV at EuroPrevent 2019 - ECG challenges in athletes (new recommendations)
- ESC Textbook of Sports Cardiology (March 2019)
Overview of the detection and treatment of cardiovascular disease in elite athletes and young sports professionals in training and how to prevent it. Access now
- 30 August 2019 (Paris): EAPC Course on Sports Cardiology. Register now
- EAPC e-learning sports cardiology courses. Exclusive access for EAPC Ivory, Silver and Gold Members. Not a member yet? Join now
- 5 July: Cardiovascular evaluation in athletes. Register now
- On-demand: Exercise Training and Rehabilitation in Chronic Heart Failure. Watch now
- EAPC quizzes on exercise prescription, sports cardiology and cardiopulmonary exercise testing. Test yourself now
European Heart Journal
- Recommendations for participation in competitive and leisure time sport in athletes with cardiomyopathies, myocarditis, and pericarditis: a position statement of the Sports Cardiology Section of the European Association of Preventive Cardiology (EAPC)
- Recommendations for participation in competitive sports of athletes with arterial hypertension: a position statement from the sports cardiology section of the European Association of Preventive Cardiology (EAPC)
- Sports cardiology: towards the sweet spot in competitive and leisure exercise
European Heart Journal - Case Reports
European Journal of Preventive Cardiology
- Brief recommendations for participation in competitive sports of athletes with arterial hypertension: Summary of a Position Statement from the Sports Cardiology Section of the European Association of Preventive Cardiology (EAPC)
- Intensive recreational athletes in the prospective multinational ICD Sports Safety Registry: Results from the European cohort
- Circumstances of cardiac arrest during sports activity recorded on video
- See more
- Empowerment of athletes with cardiac disorders: a new paradigm
- Differential presentation of atrioventricular nodal re-entrant tachycardia in athletes and non-athletes
- The athlete’s heart is a proarrhythmic heart, and what that means for clinical decision making
European Journal of Heart Failure
- Vigorous physical activity impairs myocardial function in patients with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy and in mutation positive family members.
- Effects of long‐term endurance and resistance training on diastolic function, exercise capacity, and quality of life in asymptomatic diastolic dysfunction vs. heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.
- Exercise training in patients with ventricular assist devices: a review of the evidence and practical advice. A position paper from the Committee on Exercise Physiology and Training and the Committee of Advanced Heart Failure of the Heart Failure Association.
European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
- Impact of traditional Greek dancing on jumping ability, muscular strength and lower limb endurance in cardiac rehabilitation programmes
- MOVE-HF: an internet-based pilot study to improve adherence to exercise in patients with heart failure
- The effect of a supervised exercise training programme on sleep quality in recently discharged heart failure patients
- See more
European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Imaging
- Left ventricular phenotype in the athlete’s heart: what makes the difference?
- Bicuspid aortic valve behaviour in elite athletes
- University athletes and changes in cardiac geometry: insight from the 2015 Gwangju Summer Universiade
European Heart Journal - Acute Cardiovascular Care
- The value of predischarge exercise ECG testing in chest pain patients in the era of high-sensitivity troponins
- Incremental value of high-frequency QRS analysis for diagnosis and prognosis in suspected exercise-induced myocardial ischaemia
- See more
Daily Practice Tools
- EXPERT Tool: A digital, interactive decision support tool for exercise prescription.
The European Association of Preventive Cardiology has a dedicated section for sports cardiology. Become an EAPC Member and access discounts and exclusive access to resources as well as receive a twice-monthly EAPC Bulletin.