The ESC is offering institutions a range of accreditation programmes that set the quality standards. Be accredited by the ESC is guarantee for all stakeholders - trainees, fellows, staff, patients - that the institution has undergone an extensive quality process which has evaluated the overall institution performance in terms of training, equipment, staff, etc.
Accreditation of laboratories by the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI)
With their programme of accreditation for laboratories, EACVI is setting the standards in laboratory practice and patient care.
This programme is a voluntary process that must function within national and local regulations. It is designed to apply to all ESC member countries whatever their model of provision of echocardiography. This process does not provide a legal framework for practice.
- raise quality standards of practice and equipment
- be used as an educational tool to improve the overall quality of laboratories
- provide standards against which labs can benchmark themselves
- be used to reinforce a case for the purchase or upgrade of equipment and facilities to meet these standards
Recognition of training centres by the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)
EHRA recognises, acknowledges and supports good educational practices provided by EP centres.
This programme falls under the EHRA Certification Committee’s activities and is eligible to all electrophysiology laboratories and centres within the National Cardiac Societies of the ESC.
- Verify uniformity of educational tools
- Standardise practical teaching to improve the overall quality of the laboratories
- Increase notoriety as well as attract fellows and practitioners
Accreditation of centres by the European Association of Preventive Cardiology (EAPC)
This programme falls under the EAPC Education and Accreditation Committee's activities and is eligible to centres within ESC Members and ESC Affiliated Countries.
- Promote and monitor the quality of CV preventive care in a uniform manner
- Provide confidence in the quality of CV preventive care to patients and their caretakers
- Provide benchmarks for quality of infrastructure, equipment/facilities, staff, and care