Secondary Prevention & Rehabilitation
Investigating and defining standards for better recognition of cardiac rehabilitation.
- Recommendations on how to provide cardiac rehabilitation activities during the COVID-19 pandemic (open access)
- Practical recommendations by Dr. Maria Simonenko:
- How to manage diabetes in heart recipients (together with Hareld Kemps)
- How to exercise while being on heart transplant waiting list
- How to prevent and treat dyslipidaemia after heart transplantation
- How to manage heart rate after heart transplantation
- How to exercise after heart transplantation
- How to prevent and manage arterial hypertension after heart transplantation
- How to provide telerehabilitation in cardiac patients
A practical guide by Dr. Martijn Scherrenberg, Prof. Paul Dendale and Dr. Ines Frederix
- How to prescribe aerobic interval exercise in patients with coronary artery disease: The SAINTEX-CAD Study
A practical guide for the implementation of interval training in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) by N. Pattyn, V. Cornelissen, D. Hansen, P. Beckers and E. Van Craenenbroeck
- How to decipher the mystery of a women’s heart?
I. Frederix, E. Govaerts and P. Dendale provide a practical guide on how to approach a woman with presumed ischaemic heart disease (IHD)
- How to assess endothelial function in (secondary) prevention
Romualdo Belardinelli, summarises the most common methods in clinical practice
- How to set up and run a cardiac rehabilitation program
Hugo Saner, Director Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation of University Hospital Bern, answers key questions
- How to manage physiotherapy and rehabilitation in LVAD patients
Michel Lamotte, Dominique Hansen and Philippe Timmermans provide updated state-of-the-art insights
Exercise, Basic & Translational Research
Promoting high-quality research and education related to exercise, basic and translational science.
- How to use cardiopulmonary exercise testing in cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation
Alessandro Mezzani and Marco Guazzi, EAPC Exercise, Basic and Translational Research Section, answer key questions
Population Science & Public Health
- How to manage blood cholesterol in primary and secondary prevention
Dr. Konstantinos Koskinas answers key questions on this topic
- How to prevent chemotherapy-induced cardiotoxicity
Eugenio Greco, EAPC Prevention, Epidemiology & Population Science Section, answers key questions
Sports Cardiology & Exercise
Cardiac screening, education and science evolution in sports cardiology.
- How to manage an athlete with mitral valve prolapse?
Dr. Elena Cavarretta and colleagues provide practical recommendations
- How to interpret right ventricular remodeling in athletes
Maria Sanz de la Garza and Amelia Carro provide practical recommendations
- How to conduct pre-participation screening in athletes
Erik Ekker Solberg, EAPC Sports Cardiology Section, answers key questions
- How to exercise with grown-up congenital heart disease
Michael Papadakis, EAPC Sports Cardiology Section, answers key questions