The programme will provide healthcare practitioners with the skills required to lead and manage the healthcare systems of the future.
In contrast to the many generic leadership courses on offer across Europe, CAS-Leadership combines the core principles of effective leadership with instruction in essential modern skills such as hospital management, digital transformation, and dealing with complex systems.
The six-month programme comprises both online teaching and face-to-face interaction.
About UMIO|Maastricht University :
UMIO is the professional development branch of Maastricht University School of Business and Economics. It draws upon the university’s broad range of academic expertise and uses innovative methods to design unique, cross-disciplinary learning journeys that enable individuals and organisations to have a meaningful impact.
Who should attend?
Future leaders in cardiovascular medicine from all fields.
This leadership course is a transversal programme tailor-made for mid-career healthcare professionals with an interest in cardiology who want to become managers and leaders with broad societal and economic perspectives.
How to apply
Application deadline : 30 November 2021
Start date: February 2022
Applicants must be:
- an ESC member
- motivated to grow as a leader in cardiology
- proficient in English
Tuition fees : €12,500
- Six months of online training and in-person teaching in Brussels
- One-on-one coaching sessions to help shape your role as a leader
- Refreshments, lunches and get-togethers in Brussels during in-person sessions
- Free membership to UMIO Prime, during the course
- Access to the ESC Academy Alumni network
Travel and hotel accommodation during the in-person sessions in Brussels are not included in the tuition fees.
What will you learn?
You will develop new skills to:
- Shape your own leadership role
- Manage a hospital unit
- Lead digital transformation
- Deal with complexity
In six month's time, you will:
- come away with an understanding of different evidence-based perspectives on management and leadership;
- be able to recognise how these translate into different leadership behaviours and apply your insights;
- learn to spot emerging new realities and analyse their implications for strategy formulation, implementation, and current operations;
- be equipped with the competencies to proactively engage with diverse stakeholders within the cardiologist’s work context.
Teaching format and module topics
Distance learning - four modules of six weeks each plus self study
- Master classes
- One-on-one coaching session
- Online community
In-person sessions in Brussels – one day per module
- Face-to-face interaction with teachers, guest lecturers and peers
- Group work
- Events and get-togethers
- Module 1: Shaping your own leadership role
- Module 2: Managing a hospital unit
- Module 3: Leading digital transformation
- Module 4: Dealing with complexity
Contact and information
For more information about UMIO and your application to the programme, please contact Ingrid Voncken: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the ESC and the in-person session in Brussels please contact: email@example.com