The MSc in Clinical Trials is the first post-graduate programme proposed by the European Heart Academy that allows part-time distance learning.
Over 2 years, the course will provide participants with in-depth training and understanding of how to plan and conduct randomised clinical trials.
Participants will have the opportunity to interact with key opinion leaders and internationally renowned trialists.
Who should attend?
The MSc in Clinical Trials is open to healthcare professionals from across Europe and around the world.
The emphasis will be on training professionals working in cardiovascular disease, however other specialties will also be welcome.
Proficiency in English is required.
Application to the MSc in Clinical Trials
Applications to the MSc in Clinical Trials at Oxford University are now closed, for October 2021 intake.
Stay informed about next intake : firstname.lastname@example.org
Structure and content
2 years programme with 8 online modules including:
- Master classes
- Online community
In-person training in Oxford
Over the 2 years, students will attend one compulsory one-week residential session at the University of Oxford, and a second optional face-to-face three-day session.
- 15-20 hours of work per week
- Online community - interact with fellow students and international clinical trialists
- Introduction to the principles of randomised trials
- Regulatory and ethical framework and participant involvement
- Design to implementation: protocol, budget, set-up, monitoring and outcomes
- Data management and analysis
- Big data and new technologies
- Different types of trials and particular populations
- Health economics and outcome measures
- Meta-analyses and reporting
Tuition fees for October 2021 entry
Total course fees :
- Annual course fee for year 1 (2021-2022): GBP 8,876
- Estimated annual course fee for year 2 (2022-2023): GBP 8,876
Accommodation in Oxford during the 2 short residential sessions is included in the course fees. Travel and other expenses will be covered by the student.
For more information about possible fees increase please check the University of Oxford website.
ESC Educational Grant
The ESC is providing financial support to selected students.
Applications for the ESC Educational Grant for are now closed.