The ESC supports the education of future leaders in cardiovascular medicine by offering a limited number of scholarships. The ESC Scholarship Selection Committee looks for excellent references, a focused personal statement and relevant work experience. The amount of the scholarship is £15,500 and covers about 50% the tuition fees.
Applications are now closed for December 2022 intake.
Applying for the MSc in Health Economics at LSE
Before starting your application, please make sure you have read all relevant information.
Studying with us
The Executive MSc Health Economics, Outcomes and Management in Cardiovascular Sciences prepares students to explore new advisory, management and leadership roles within the healthcare field. This programme will expand your employment opportunities in related sectors, including health care provider management roles, pharmaceutical and medical device industries, consultancies, as well as government and non-governmental organisations. Upon graduation, you can expect to take on more responsibilities or shift your career focus towards the cardiovascular science field.
Structure and content
The programme will be delivered through on-campus teaching blocks, at the London School of Economics, with a portion of the courses being taught online. In addition to time spent in the classroom, you will also be expected to complete distance coursework.
Graded assignments may vary from take-home exams, essays, reports to the group and individual projects.
The course language is English.
Find out more about the programme.
2022/23 teaching dates
- Teaching block 1: 5-16 December 2022
- Teaching block 2: 5-16 June 2023
- Teaching block 3: December 2023 (dates TBC)
- Teaching block 4: June 2024 (dates TBC)
- Quality and Outcomes in Cardiovascular Sciences
- Economic Analysis for Health Policy
- Economic Evaluation in Health Care
- Introduction to Management
- Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
- Using Health Economics to Analyse and Inform Policy and Practice
Students will choose three additional courses from a range of options.
Who should attend?
This programme is for medical doctors, healthcare professionals, and scientists working on cardiovascular diseases. It has been designed to meet the needs of future cardiology leaders who seek formal qualifications but cannot participate in a traditional full-time MSc programme.
Some of the mandatory courses will focus on cardiovascular disease. Therefore, experience in cardiovascular science, either as a practising cardiologist or as a health economist, is desirable. Outstanding candidates with different backgrounds in health care are strongly encouraged to apply.
Students with previous training in health economics or policy can benefit from our more advanced course options.
Tuition fees 2023/24 for Executive MSc Health Economics, Outcomes and Management in Cardiovascular Sciences: £30,040 (£15,020 per annum) for UK, EU, and overseas students.
Tuition fees include:
- the pre-registration fee;
- enrolment into the MSc programme;
- full access to LSE’s services and facilities (including the LSE library and career services); and
- the opportunity to attend LSE’s excellent programme of public lectures and events.
- Pre-registration fee : This fee of £500 secures your place. It will enable you to gain access to online programme materials ahead of your arrival on campus. This sum will be deducted from your overall tuition fee.
- First year: £15,020
- Second year: £15,020