- preference to be hosting centres for EACVI grants (prestige and reimbursement)
- preference in participation in EACVI specific educational projects (for instance, e-learning)
- preference to be hosting centres for fellowships
- preference in the selection for educational courses and meetings
- preference in participation in EACVI specific scientific projects
- strong preference for research programs
- preference to be selected for trials with echo sub-studies
The aim of the EACVI Laboratory Accreditation process is to raise quality standards of practice and equipment across Europe in a uniform manner. It is also designed to be used as an educational tool to improve the overall quality of the laboratories.
The EACVI Laboratory Accreditation process is also aimed at providing laboratories with standards against which they can benchmark themselves and may be used to reinforce a case for the purchase or upgrade of equipment and facilities to meet these standards.
What this process does not provide is a legal framework for practice but represents a voluntary process of standards that must function within national and local regulations. It is designed to apply to all ESC Member Countries whatever their model of provision of echocardiography
Modalities and processes
Learn more about the Accreditation of laboratories in Transthoracic (TTE), Transoesophageal (TOE) and Stress Echocardiography (SE).
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR)
Learn more about the Accreditation of laboratories in Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR).