Join your community from 13 to 14 March
The scientific programme will present the latest cardiovascular science to improve daily practice of acute cardiovascular care professionals from cardiologists, intensivists, anaesthesiologists, internists, cardiac surgeons, nurses, to paramedics and other allied professionals who care for acutely ill cardiac patients.
Attractive sessions for the young audience
- Learn from the mistakes of others: preventable complications in the acute setting
- Acute heart failure - State of the art 2021
- All you need to know about ventilation in the acute cardiovascular patient - Available on demand on the event platform, available throughout the congress.
- Basics of lung ultrasound - Available on demand on the event platform, available throughout the congress.
- Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest - what is new in 2021?
Attractive sessions for the senior audience
- Acute cardiovascular care across the Atlantic, controversies and updates
- The 2020 NSTE - ACS guidelines in practice – the pros and cons
- And then, there was only COVID, a transatlantic view on a common enemy
- The human factor in acute cardiac care and virus pandemics
- Controversies in extracorporeal life support - Joint session with the European Extracorporeal Life Support Organisation (EuroELSO)
Different formats of sessions tailored to challenging times
- Interactions with experts, around cases and latest research & publications, highlighting difficulties, pitfalls and limitations whilst putting the results in perspective.
- In-depth discussions on developments and latest advances in all fields of acute cardiovascular care.
- Implementation of the Guidelines in our daily practice.
- Intense discussions with experts on controversial issues.
- New connections with colleagues through the interactive environment
- Presentations of abstracts and cases with a focus on quality of care research, clinical outcomes research and translational research applied to the development of novel therapeutic, diagnostic and logistical strategies to improve patient care and long-term outcomes.
Presentations by leading global experts, covering the entire spectrum of acute cardiac care
Including acute coronary syndromes, acute heart failure, reperfusion and revascularisation, mechanical circulatory support in shock or pre-shock, management of arrhythmias in the acute setting, refractory cardiac arrest, acute venous thromboembolism, cardiothoracic intensive care, secondary prevention, with a particular focus on antithrombotic therapy, lipid-lowering, and anti-diabetic strategies.