Dear members of the ESC Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy,
Our very active Working Group is happy to announce further progress:
- Educational activities: forced by the corona pandemic we changed the formats of our courses on "All About Clinical Courses" as well as on "Pharmacotherapy in Old People" to online webinars. This transition has many advantages for you to participate. On our webpage you will find the preliminary programs. In the near future this will be our favorite format.
- Journal: Thanks to our excellent Editor-in-Chief Professor Stefan Agewall and his team the Journal was able to maintain its outstanding Impact Factor of 6.7. This is quite outstanding, usually the IF of journals drops in the years after the first IF has been published.
- Handbook: the revised version in in press, you will have it in your hands soon. Professors Kaski and Kjeldsen will make a transition to a continuously updated format.
- Our member Count is steadily increasing, which we appreciate very much. Please bring new members.
- Within a month my Chair mandate will end, and Professor Alexander Niessner will become our Chair, I stay in the nucleus as immediate past chair. Here I want to thank all Nucleus members for excellent support, and in particular our secretary Professor Gianluigi Savarese for an outstanding job, e.g. in the communication with you all.
With my best wishes
Heinz Drexel, MD
ESC WG on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy