Rules for research proposals
The EACVI may endorse a research project to drive its mission to decrease the burden of cardiovascular disease.
Applications should outline a clear aim and transparent objectives, deliverables, milestones, and outcomes, as detailed in the “EACVI Clinical Study/Registry proposal form”. The template should be used by all interested EACVI members in submitting a research project for EACVI endorsement.
The EACVI can provide:
- Advice on how to prepare and/or improve a research project
- Advice and review of the study design and statistical analysis to be included in the methods section of the project draft
- Information on open calls for international funding
The EACVI will not provide:
- Direct data management support
- Direct responsibility for statistical analysis of the project
- Direct funding
The following criteria will be carefully considered during the evaluation process of the submitted research proposal.
- Applications should relate to the area of interest of EACVI, which is non-invasive cardiovascular imaging. Interdisciplinary or collaborative projects will also be considered
- Pre-clinical development studies, clinical research projects, and projects aiming at technical development will be reviewed
- Multicenter and multinational settings are highly preferable
- Only studies with a prospective design (including randomised trials, observational or interventional studies, and registries) will be considered for evaluation
Scientific quality of the proposed research project:
- The scientific evaluation will be based on the following main criteria: scientific relevance, originality, suitability of methods, and feasibility
- Applications will only be accepted from EACVI members and legitimate organisations
- The following scientific qualifications of the researchers and/or the research institute will be carefully reviewed – scientific and funding track record and ability to carry out the research projects
- Spontaneous studies, already-funded studies and studies to be applied for funding (i.e. EU Research calls) will be considered
Templates for research proposals
These templates will help structure your project, formulate all necessary information and design your study.
Clinical Study/Registry proposal form – Access the form
Ancillary Analyses/Studies proposal form – Access the form
Research proposal form – Access the form