The ESC seeks highly engaged and motivated candidates for the position of Editor-in-Chief (EiC) of the European Journal of Heart Failure.
The EiC will support the overall mission of the ESC to ‘reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease’ by ensuring the journal’s contribution to cutting-edge research and future clinical practice.
European Journal of Heart Failure (EJHF) is the leading international journal of the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology, dedicated to the advancement of knowledge in the field of heart failure. The journal publishes reviews and editorials to improve the understanding, prevention, investigation and treatment of heart failure. Molecular and cellular biology, pathology, physiology, electrophysiology, pharmacology, as well as the clinical, social and population sciences all form part of the discipline that is heart failure. Accordingly, submissions of manuscripts on basic, clinical and population sciences are invited. Original contributions on nursing, care of the elderly, primary care, health economics and other specialist fields related to heart failure are also welcome.
The ESC/HFA is interested in receiving applications from candidates fulfilling the following criteria:
- Highly regarded international expert in the field of heart failure
- Widely published author in top-tier journals with experience as a reviewer and editor/associate editor
- Clinical and research interests in the entire field of cardiovascular medicine, with a focus in heart failure
- Enthusiastic clinical researcher in the field of heart failure
- Member of the Heart Failure Association of the ESC
How to Apply
Enquiries and expressions of interest can be made, in confidence, to: email@example.com.
A detailed candidate brief with instructions on how to apply will be provided to those expressing interest in submitting an application.
Application deadline: 1 September 2023.