The ESC seeks highly engaged and motivated candidates for the position of Editor-in-Chief (EiC) of the ESC Heart Failure journal.
The EiC will support the overall mission of the ESC to ‘reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease’ by ensuring the journal’s contribution to cutting-edge research and future clinical practice.
ESC Heart Failure is an Open Access journal of the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology dedicated to the advancement of knowledge in the field of heart failure. The journal aims to improve the understanding, prevention, investigation and treatment of heart failure. Molecular and cellular biology, pathology, physiology, electrophysiology, pharmacology, as well as the clinical, social and population sciences all form part of the discipline that is heart failure. Accordingly, the journal covers basic, translational, clinical and population sciences and welcomes original contributions on nursing, care of the elderly, primary care, health economics and other specialist fields related to heart failure, including case reports that highlight interesting aspects of heart failure care and treatment. The journal is published bimonthly.
The ESC/HFA is interested in receiving applications from candidates fulfilling the following criteria:
- Highly regarded in the field of cardiovascular medicine and cardiovascular research throughout the world
- Excellent scientific track record in cardiovascular medicine, with experience as an author, reviewer, and editor/associate editor
- Clinical and research interests in the entire field of cardiovascular medicine, with a focus in heart failure
- Proven success in team leadership and the creation of collaborative networks
- A Member of the Heart Failure Association of the ESC
How to Apply
Enquiries and expressions of interests can be made, in confidence, to: email@example.com.
A detailed candidate brief with instructions on how to apply will be provided to those expressing interest in submitting an application.
Application deadline: 1 September 2023.