We recommend that you use the ESC Preventive Cardiology 2023 slide template for your presentation.
Please refer to your Agreement form for confirmation of the presentation title, date, time of presentation and specific instructions with regards to that session.
We recommend that you use the ESC Preventive Cardiology 2023 slide template
- Must be available for the entire duration of the session
- Sit on stage with all Faculty from the start of the session
- Abstracts are not required for invited presentations
- The length of your talk should not exceed the time allocated and may include discussion time – Please review your assigned timing on your Agreement form.
- Please take into consideration the Upload and Audiovisual guidelines below when preparing your presentation.
You can contact the scientific programme department: firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to consult the session chairperson.
All presentations should be 16:9 formatted and have a 1280 x 720 minimum resolution.
They will be displayed from a PC with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2016.
We recommend that you use the ESC Preventive Cardiology 2023 slide template for your presentation.
In order to ensure optimal delivery of your presentation, please stick to the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type .pptx - for optimal rendering please use the official slide set template
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
- Use standard Windows fonts only. Try to avoid the use of non-standard Windows fonts or language-specific fonts.
- Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG). Make sure that the inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Video: All videos must be embedded in your presentation. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations MUST be saved as .pptx files.
- Apple: Please give your filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you upload it
Personal laptop computers cannot be connected to the projectors in lecture rooms & presentations cannot be loaded directly onto the computer in the lecture rooms. Presentations must be uploaded via our online service.
To the attention of MAC users
If your presentation is on a Mac computer, we recommend you ONLY provide a Windows-compatible file.
The Online Upload Service will open at a later stage and we recommend that you use this service to upload your presentation(s) in advance.
We also remind you to use a 16/9 slide format most preferably the ESC Preventive Cardiology 2023 slide template.
Please note that you can enter "notes" in your Powerpoint Presentation, as you will be able to view these from the new electern display (speaker view only)
The Online Upload Service is fast and easy to use:
To upload your presentation sign in to your ESC Account on My ESC/My Agreements
Once connected, you will see under the presentation title a link to upload.
- A step by step wizard will take you through the process
- You first are directed to your Speaker Profile to update your profile
- Option to upload a picture or to give your consents for use of the existing picture
- Option to provide or update Social Media information
- Then on to the Upload you Powerpoint
- On the next screen, you will be asked this year to select 3 Keywords ( from an available list of topics/keywords - or with the option to use free text if you do not find a suitable entry) - These are important to accurately index your presentation to be referenced on ESC 365 (if copyright granted)
- Please note that a Declaration Conflict of Interest Slide will be automatically inserted in your presentation, based on the related declaration you made on your agreement form. (you can edit /change this directly on your agreement form - Please note that the DOI info must be up to date for the time of presentation)
- For each presentation uploaded you will receive a confirmation email with the status of your upload
- To modify your upload, you can re-access the service and upload a corrected version, only the latest uploaded version will be kept
- Once uploaded, the presentations will be available in the lecture room for the session
- If you have uploaded online and wish to review your presentation, you can do so at the Speaker Service Centre
Presentations can be uploaded online until midnight (GMT+1) the night before the presentation is scheduled to take place. So even whilst at the congress, you can use this service.
Please note that some Special Session requiring prior slide coordination or technical assistance at upload (insert question) may not be open for ONLINE UPLOAD. You can upload presentations for which you see the Online Upload Link under Presentation Title, otherwise, it means you should go to the Speaker Service Center.
Speaker Service Centre
Speakers can come to the Speaker Service Centre to review their previously uploaded presentation as well as for technical assistance from the dedicated team.
A faculty working area will allow you to relax, meet with colleagues and discuss your presentations. Desk & plugs are also available in the area if you need to finalise your presentation before uploading.
The Practice stage: You will be able to test out the functionalities available and the Presentation Management System at the lectern - Please note that the Presentation Management System available in the lecture room is now offering additional functionalities as Preview next slides, Timer, Notes. Come and test it (please see below for further details).
Features for speakers
The presentation management screen for the speaker in the lecture room is providing options designed to enhance and facilitate your intervention on stage
- The eLectern is operated as a Touch Screen (use your finger to navigate between the slide, activate functions, POINT to a specific are of your slide (as you would with a mouse)
- Notes: if you enter notes on your presentation, these will appear on the side of the electern - not visible by the audience - you can increase the size of the font depending on how you wish to use these
- Preview next slides: your next slides appear on the right side of the eLectern, to help you better manage the flow of your presentation
- Time management: a time management bar is showing you the remaining time for your presentation. A warning will show on the lectern when the timing is about to expire. A notification to conclude and close your presentation will show when the time aparted is over
The audience does not see the full eLectern view - ONLY the slide shown at the time on the main window of the eLectern is visible by the audience. We advise you to come and test the eLectern on the Practice Stage at the Speaker Service Centre.
After the congress your presentation will be referenced accordingly on ESC 365.
Declaration of interest
The existence of potential conflicts of interest does not necessarily indicate a bias. However, it is our ethical obligation to inform participants so that they are made aware of any relationship that might cause unintentional bias.
A potential conflict of interest may arise from various relationships, past or present, such as employment, consultancy, investments and stock ownership, funding for research, family relationship etc. This will allow the audience to take potential conflicts of interest into account when assessing the objectivity of the presentation.
When accepting the role(s) via the agreement form Speakers/Chairpersons/Discussant/Presenter have declared possible conflict of interest. This information is accessible to edit and update as may be required. It is the person's responsibility to ensure the information is up to date both in the system and on the slide which will be shown at the start of presentation.
At the congress, Speaker must declare possible conflict of interest regarding their current presentation - a DOI slide is automatically generated by the upload system based in the information entered in the agreement form and placed as second slide.
We request the DOI Slide to be displayed and read out loud to give the audience sufficient time to take note of the conflicts disclosed.
Chairpersons/Discussants/Judges must declare possible conflict of interest regarding the topics of the presentations orally at the beginning of the session.
Presentations given at the Congress will be featured on ESC365 if the speakers have granted the ESC the rights to use the presentation for educational purposes.
Please refer to the Online Agreement Form for the copyrights terms.
Update Your Speaker Profile and Spread the Word
Complete your Speaker Profile
In order to give you more visibility, we propose that you update your Speaker Profile. Your information will be available in connection with your presentation(s).
Please access or re-access your Speaker Profile, as some mandatory consents have been added to allow us to display the information you shared.
Doing so now, you will save time on-site or at the time of online upload
You can do this at any time - update your Speaker Profile
Spread the word about #ESCPREV2023
Share the science and add your voice to the biggest CV conversation on Twitter!
- Use Congress #ESCPREV2023
- For tweets you deem pertinent for ESC to retweet, tag @escardio
- Tweet about the major breakthroughs/conclusions/highlights, and with the most relevant images from the speaker
- Avoid promotional posts ie 'session xyz starting now’ or content that does not give any scientific value ie 'Great talk from @abc…’ without adding her/his key messages, points etc
- Quote the speaker, or tag their Twitter profile
- Double check spelling and grammar
- If you have a concern/complain don’t use social media to raise it. Talk to a member a staff. We are always at your service
- Won’t have time to tweet? You can still retweet (RT)
- Apply same ethics & etiquette you would in any other context
Video / Audio / Photos
The recording of video or audio during any session of ESC Preventive Cardiology Congress is strictly prohibited.
It is the responsibility of each presenter or speaker to notify the audience of any restrictions on the photography of the content they are presenting.
Such an announcement must be made at the beginning of the presentation.