The call for abstracts is now open. Submission deadline is Thursday 14 December, 12:00 (noon) CET. Don't wait until the last minute.
Mark your calendar with key dates
- Thursday, 12 October 2023 - Opening abstract submissions
- Thursday, 14 December 2023 – 12:00 (noon) CET - Abstract submission deadline
- End of January 2024 - Abstract results announcement online. An email will also be sent to each submitter.
Prepare your submission
- Consult our submission rules and guidelines
- Review our tips and tricks
- Browse Congress topic list
- Check your browser configuration
All presenters will be required to present their research onsite in Athens.
Selected abstracts will be assigned to different presentation formats:
Young Investigator Award Session (YIA)
Four YIA sessions will be held onsite chaired by senior faculty members:
- Secondary prevention and rehabilitation
- Primary care and risk factor management
- Population Science and public health
- Sports cardiology and exercise
Each finalist will present the key points of his/her research followed by a Questions & Answers period led by a panel of experts who will judge the presentations and determine the winners and runners-up.
- Submit in this category to benefit from:
- Award Certificate
- Winner prizes: € 500 and a complementary EAPC Silver Membership
- Your abstract(s) must be accepted at ESC Preventive Cardiology 2024 in a Young Investigators Award Session
- You must be the presenter of your abstract(s)
- You must be under 40 years old
- Selection process: the selection committee will review the final top scoring abstracts to appoint the finalists. The selected abstracts will be presented to a jury in a dedicated session including a questions and answers section
Abstracts not selected for a YIA session will be automatically considered for oral presentations.
Rapid Fire Oral Abstract sessions
The highest graded abstracts will be selected to be presented orally during the rapid-fire abstract sessions which will be held onsite moderated by senior faculty members.
Abstracts selected for presentation in a Moderated Poster session will be presented orally in a dedicated area and will be moderated by senior faculty members.
Abstracts selected as Paper Posters will be displayed in a dedicated area onsite.