Please refer to your agreement form for confirmation of the presentation title, date, time of presentation and specific instructions with regards to that session.
We recommend that you use the FCVB 2024 slide template
- Must be available for the entire duration of the session
- Abstracts are not required for invited presentations
- The length of your talk should not exceed the time allocated and may include discussion time – Please review your assigned timing on your agreement form.
- Please take into consideration the Upload and Audiovisual guidelines below when preparing your presentation.
You can contact the scientific programme department: firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to consult the session chairperson.
All presentations should be 16:9 formatted and have a 1280 x 720 minimum resolution.
They will be displayed from a PC with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2016.
We recommend that you use the FCVB 2024 slide template for your presentation.
In order to ensure optimal delivery of your presentation, please stick to the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type .pptx - for optimal rendering please use the official slide set template
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
- Use standard Windows fonts only. Try to avoid the use of non-standard Windows fonts or language-specific fonts.
- Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG). Make sure that the inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Video: All videos must be embedded in your presentation. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations MUST be saved as .pptx files.
- Apple: Please give your filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you upload it
Personal laptop computers cannot be connected to the projectors in lecture rooms & presentations cannot be loaded directly onto the computer in the lecture rooms. Presentations must be uploaded via our online service.
To the attention of MAC users
If your presentation is on a Mac computer, we recommend you ONLY provide a Windows-compatible file.
Declaration of interest
The existence of potential conflicts of interest does not necessarily indicate a bias. However, it is our ethical obligation to inform participants so that they are made aware of any relationship that might cause unintentional bias.
A potential conflict of interest may arise from various relationships, past or present, such as employment, consultancy, investments and stock ownership, funding for research, family relationship etc. This will allow the audience to take potential conflicts of interest into account when assessing the objectivity of the presentation.
When accepting the role(s) via the agreement form, Speakers/ Chairpersons/ Discussant / Presenter have declared possible conflict of interest. This information is accessible to edit and update as may be required. It is the person's responsibility to ensure the information is up to date both in the system and on the slide which will be shown at the start of presentation.
At the congress, Speaker must declare possible conflict of interest regarding their current presentation - a DOI slide is automatically generated by the upload system based in the information entered in the agreement form and placed as second slide.
We request the DOI Slide to be displayed and read out loud to give the audience sufficient time to take note of the conflicts disclosed.
Chairpersons/Discussants/Judges must declare possible conflict of interest regarding the topics of the presentations orally at the beginning of the session.
Presentations given at the Congress will be featured on ESC365 if the speakers have granted the ESC the rights to use the presentation for educational purposes.
Please refer to the online agreement form for the copyrights terms.
Update Your Speaker Profile and Spread the Word
Complete your Speaker Profile
In order to give you more visibility, we propose that you update your Speaker Profile. Your information will be available in connection with your presentation(s).
Please access or re-access your Speaker Profile, as some mandatory consents have been added to allow us to display the information you shared.
Doing so now, you will save time on-site or at the time of online upload
You can do this at any time - update your Speaker Profile
Spread the word about #FCVB024
A promotional toolkit with graphical elements is available to help on the promotion of Frontiers in CardioVascular Biomedicine 2024 to your network.
Be active on Twitter
Share the science and add your voice to the biggest CV conversation on Twitter!
- Use Congress #FCVB2024
- For tweets you deem pertinent for ESC to retweet, tag @escardio
- Tweet about the major breakthroughs/conclusions/highlights, and with the most relevant images from the speaker
- Avoid promotional posts ie 'session xyz starting now’ or content that does not give any scientific value ie 'Great talk from @abc…’ without adding her/his key messages, points etc
- Quote the speaker, or tag their Twitter profile
- Double check spelling and grammar
- If you have a concern/complain don’t use social media to raise it. Talk to a member a staff. We are always at your service
- Won’t have time to tweet? You can still retweet (RT)
- Apply same ethics & etiquette you would in any other context
Video / Audio / Photos
The recording of video or audio during any session of ESC Congresses is strictly prohibited.
It is the responsibility of each presenter or speaker to notify the audience of any restrictions on the photography of the content they are presenting.
Such an announcement must be made at the beginning of the presentation.