Purpose of the Committee
The ESC is dedicated to reducing the burden of cardiovascular disease by advancing cardiovascular science, supporting high quality healthcare and promoting evidence-based decision making. To this end, the cardiology and cardiovascular science profession needs to interact, via policies and partners, with decisionmakers in healthcare as well as the patients, in order to provide expert advice and support.
The ESC Advocacy Committee's overarching goal is to provide a platform to implement and coordinate these activities, to engage in a permanent dialogue with European and national policy makers and to ultimately serve the mission of the ESC to “reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease”.
Within this framework, the ESC Regulatory Affairs Committee is specifically set up to provide expert advice throughout the EU regulatory process to ensure optimal safety and efficacy of CVD interventions.
- Prof Piotr Szymanski, Poland
- Prof. Marianna Adamo, Italy
- Prof. Elena Arbelo, FESC, Spain
- Prof. Ruben Casado Arroyo, FESC, Belgium
- Prof. Robert Byrne, FESC, Ireland
- Prof. Enrico Gianluca Caiani, FESC, Italy
- Prof. Alan Fraser, FESC, United Kingdom
- Prof. Fabien Hyafil, FESC, France
- Prof. Juan Carlo Kaski, FESC, United Kingdom
- Prof Francesco Cosentino, FESC, Sweden - Ex Officio Advocacy Chair
- Prof. Donna Fitzsimonsns, FESC, United Kingdom - Ex Officio Advocacy Chair
- Prof. Gerhard Hindricks, FESC, Germany
- Prof. Martin Landray, FESC, United Kingdom
- Prof. Aldo Pietro Maggioni, FESC, Italy
- Prof. Aung Nay, Myanmar
- Prof. Piotr Ponikowski, FESC, Poland
- Prof. Lars Wallentin, FESC, Sweden