Winners of the Outstanding Achievement Award 2022
Professor Daniël Antonie Pijnappels
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Professor Samuel Tobias Sossalla
Department of Internal Medecine II, University Heart Center Regensburg, Germany
If you want to apply in 2023, please read the instructions below and prepare your application accordingly.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Candidates must be investigators who are involved in basic research and have recently established themselves as independent investigators
- Less than 45 years old, candidates are expected to have sustained outstanding productivity over several years, resulting in a significant contribution to their chosen field, and wish to continue their career in this manner
- Candidates must be members of the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science
- Members of the CBCS nucleus and of the selection committee are not eligible.
How to Apply
Before completing the online form, prepare your pdf application file which you have to attach to the form.
At the time of application, formal eligibility criteria will be checked. If you are not eligible, the Outstanding Achievement Award application form will not be visible.
The application file should consist of a bio-sketch with:
- 2 pages maximum describing recent contributions and achievements
- 1 page highlighting your five most important publications
- A commitment to attend ESC Congress 2023
NB: All details should be provided in ONE pdf.
Candidates must attend ESC Congress 2023 to receive their Award and confirm this commitment in their application; a special pass will be offered to allow awardees to receive their award.
The selection committee will consist of members of the CBCS.
Applicants are typically notified of the outcome by mid-July.
Personal Data Privacy
The information collected is subject to data processing to record, evaluate and track your application.
The recipients of the data are ESC staff who process the forms as well as the staff in charge of paying the award monies.
Data collected will be kept for one year and stored in Salesforce.
In accordance with the chapter 3 of the European Regulation 2016/679 with regards to data protection, you have the right to request from ESC, access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing concerning your data or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
For such, please contact (together with a proof of identity):
European Society of Cardiology
2035 Route des Colles
CS 80179 Biot
06903 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS CEDEX, France
Or by email
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, and for information, ESC has appointed a Data Protection Officer that you can reach by email.