Heart Failure Awareness Days 2022
Thank you to all of the Heart Failure National Societies and Working Groups who participated in Heart Failure Awareness Days 2022 from 2 to 8 May around the theme: “Staying together inside a larger HFA community”.
HFAD 2022 poster competition
The HFA will select five winning National Heart Failure Societies / Working Groups, who will receive a financial prize of €5,000 in the form of a grant for their national members to attend Heart Failure 2023.
The winners will be announced during the NHFS Presidents’ Dinner, on Friday, 20 May.
NEW! The “Heart Failure Awareness Days Wall”. Each National Society / Working Group is invited to print their poster in A3 format and display it during Heart Failure 2022 congress in Madrid. More information to follow.
HFAD 2022 Resources
Please view the resources provided by participating countries (listed in alphabetical order).
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Photos are courtesy of the the GEIC - Grupo de Estudo de Insuficiência Cardíaca da Sociedade Portuguesa de Cardiologia
Discover past Heart Failure Awareness Days
- Heart Failure Awareness Day 2021
- Failure Failure Awareness Day 2019
- Heart Failure Awareness Day 2018
What you can do
- Lectures to patients, their relatives and to the public about heart failure
- Open house in hospitals, show heart failure clinics, diagnostic tools and more
- Offer blood pressure measurements (important when discussing heart failure)
- Arranging competitions, questionnaires, quizzes etc
- Panel debates with influential, decision-making people
- Inform press, radio and television in advance about activities
- Share on social media, join the conversation on Twitter, make Facebook posts
- Promotion of heartfailurematters.org
Each country can participate in an award for the best programme. Winning national heart failure societies receive prize money from the HFA and certificates. Winning programme (all programmes are judged together in one country) show outstanding commitment to the event and illustrate the best preparation and organisation in stated categories (see above).
If you want to get involved, contact the HFA: email@example.com or your Heart Failure Working Group
Awareness Days logo
A Heart Failure Awareness Days logo is available to download for use in promotional materials.
Gold Award for Awareness
Due to the consistant high quality of their Awareness Days programme, Germany was awarded the first Gold Award for Heart Failure Awareness during the Inaugural Ceremony of Heart Failure 2016 in Florence. Subsequently, Lithuania received the Gold Award in 2017 during the Inaugural Ceremony of Heart Failure 2017 in Paris.
Website for your patients - Heartfailurematters.org
Help your patients and their families understand more about this common, serious and progressive condition. Heartfailurematters.org provides practical heart failure information for patients, families and caregivers.