2022-2024 Nurses and Allied Professionals Committee Chair and Co-Chairs
Bettina Højberg Kirk, RN, MScN, Chair EAPCI Nurses and Allied Professionals Committee, Denmark
Bettina Højberg Kirk, RN, MScN is Chair of the EAPCI Nurses and Allied Professionals Committee and dedicated to leading the work of educational, networking and research activities in the coming years. She works as a clinical nurse specialist and PhD student in valvular heart diseases at Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark, and follows the patients’ pathways in the Department of Cardiology and Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. She is experienced as a TAVI Nurse Coordinator, working on optimising the patients’ pathways and improving patient experiences, recovery and outcomes. Additionally, she focuses on the importance of clinical leadership for best practices – relevant for all nurses and allied professionals interested in quality of care for patients and clinical practice.
Alison Dahlmann, Co-Chair EAPCI Nurses and Allied Professionals Committee, France
Alison Dahlmann is a cath lab nurse at the Clinique Pasteur in Toulouse, France. She has a university degree in Interventional Cardiology for Nurses and Radiographers and is involved in the training of new cath lab nurses. She is on the EAPCI NAPs committee.
Welcome from Bettina Højberg Kirk, RN, MScN
The EAPCI Nurses and Allied Professionals Committee consists of 10 committee members; it is my privilege to lead the group from May 2022 to May 2024 with the support of Alison Dahlmann as co-chair.
EAPCI Nurses and Allied Professionals Committee Members:
- Elena Calvo, Nurse (Spain)
- David Creber, Cardiac Physiologist (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Denee Dang, Nurse (Australia)
- Angeliki Kolyda, Radiographer (Greece)
- Matteo Longoni, Radiographer (Italy)
- Matteo Migliorini, Radiographer (Italy)
- Marjo de Ronde-Tilmans, Nurse (The Netherlands)
- Kristin Rykkje-Johannessen, Nurse (Norway)
- Cosyma Stark, Nurse (Austria)
- David Jose Teixeira Rodrigues, Nurse (Portugal)
Objectives for NAPs 2022-2024
- To broaden the NAP network within ESC countries and affiliates by increasing by at least 50% the number EAPCI NAP members by the end of the term
- To develop strategies to reduce barriers in communication with the NAP community to enhance their participation to the NAP Committee activities
- To identify the unmet needs of NAPs by conducting surveys in collaboration with the EAPCI International Affairs Committee.
- To propose to the EAPCI Scientific Documents and Initiatives Committee consensus papers on dedicated areas of interest for the NAP community.
- To update the NAP Curriculum and maintain regular examinations for NAP certification.
- NEW! To develop and launch an online NAP Educational Course. Launch on 19 November at PCR London Valves 2023!
The NAP community is supported by the past chairs who have a great deal of experience leading and supporting this group. Please feel free to read their reflections on the time they spent leading the EAPCI NAP group.
EuroPCR is the official congress for EAPCI. Taking place every year in Paris in May, it’s a great place for networking and discovery. We encourage you to participate!
We want your voice to be heard, so please:
- Join our network by becoming an EAPCI Member.
Not yet a member? Join now!
- Join the LinkedIn group “Nurses and Allied Professions in Interventional Cardiology”.
- Join the Facebook group "EAPCI Nurses & Allied Professionals Community".
Get in touch
If you have any questions or ideas please contact us.