Lynne Hinterbuchner, Chair EAPCI Nurses and Allied Professionals Committee, Austria
Lynne Hinterbuchner is a cardiology nurse at the Salzburg University Clinic (Paracelsus Medical University), Austria. Chair of ACNAP Education Committee & past ACNAP chairperson of the international societies committee, EAPCI head of working committee education, EHRA Member, past committee member of the congress scientific program committee, and ÖKG (Austrian Society of cardiology) member and past committee member of the nursing nucleus 2011-2015.
Sarah Carson RGN, Co-Chair EAPCI Nurses and Allied Professionals Committee, England
Sarah Carson is the Senior Nurse and Cath Lab Manager at the Bristol Heart Institute in the United Kingdom. She has worked in Bristol since 1990, and in that time has been closely involved with the development of the interventional cardiology service, heart failure service, and the planning, design, and move to a new cardiology building. In education, she has been one of the course directors for the Bristol courses on angiography and angioplasty, and sits on the allied health professionals (AHP) education committees for British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS). She is also a co-opted member of BCIS council, EuroPCR, and EAPCI, and as part of the latter recently co- authored the EAPCI Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory Core Curriculum for NAPs.
Welcome from Lynne Hinterbuchner
The Nurses and Allied Professionals Committee consists of 14 Committee members and it will be my privilege to lead the group from May 2020 to May 2022 with the support of Sarah Carson as co-chair.
Seven new members joined the committee:
- Amanda Rand, Radiographer (UK)
- Bettina Hojberg Kirk, Nurse (Denmark)
- Alison Dahlmann, Nurse (France)
- Piotr Godek, Nurse (Poland)
- Elena Calvo, Nurse (Spain)
- David Rodrigues, Nurse (Portugal)
- Sarah Spahr, Nurse (Germany)
Objectives 2020-2022 for NAPs
- To build a network for Nurses and Allied Professionals (NAPs) involved in the field of interventional cardiology
- To support NAPs development of training and education by:
- Performing research for guidance and standardization of NAPs scope of practice.
- Offering educational opportunities to prepare for and continue professional development for NAPs working in the cath lab, including a certification exam.
We also have support from the past chairs who have a lot of experience leading and supporting this group. Please feel free to read their thoughts on the time they spent leading the EAPCI NAP group.
The EuroPCR is the official congress for EAPCI. It takes place every year in Paris in May. It’s a great place for network and discovery. Don’t miss out!
We want your voice to be heard so please:
- Join our network by becoming an EAPCI member.
Not yet a member? Join now for free and make sure you click the automatic renewal button that way you won’t miss out on any of the newsletters.
- Join the LinkedIn Group “Nurses and Allied Professions in Interventional Cardiology”.
- Join the Facebook Group " EAPCI Nurses & Allied Professionals Community"
Get in touch
If you have any questions or ideas please send an email to EAPCI@escardio.org