EAPCI NAPs Online Course
NEW! Launch at PCR London Valves 2023!
- To deliver a standardised educational programme for all nurses and allied professionals working in a cathlab
- To deliver the knowledge required to work at a higher level in the cath lab setting
- To provide nine modules covering the EAPCI NAPs Curriculum
- Become an EAPCI Member and benefit from 40% off! Join now!
The course content will follow the Curriculum with a focus on:
- The Cath Lab Environment: The importance of the team in primary PCI and managing emergencies in the cath lab; Catheter Lab Safety; Patient pre, peri and post-procedural management.
- The Coronaries and PCI: Coronary Artery Disease, Coronary Anatomy; History of PCI, PCI toolbox; Angiographic views; ECG interpretation
- Advanced/Complex PCI: Imaging (IVUS & OCT); Pressure wiring, managing calcium; Introduction to CTO
- Structural procedures: Imaging, pacing, and management of patient pre, peri, and post-procedure
- Radiation safety
- Patient-centred care
EAPCI Certification for Nurses and Allied Professionals
The aim of this certification is to assure optimal quality in interventional cardiology by assessing the knowledge in attitudes of Nurses and Allied Professionals (NAPs).
EAPCI Nurses and Allied Professionals Core Curriculum
A Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory Core Curriculum for the Continuing Professional Development of Nurses and Allied Professions, published on 8 November 2016.
Nurses and Allied Professions Core Curriculum
The Core Curriculum has nine themes where theory and clinical practice are integrated into a holistic approach to education. Each of the theme's content is organised with objectives, knowledge, skills, and attitudes and behaviours.
A syllabus is included where the themes are broken down into more detailed subject areas. The complementing piece of the curriculum is the skills matrix; this is a logbook which should be used to document the trainee’s achievements as they progress through their training.
Core Curriculum Competencies Matrix "Logbook"
Article of Interest
- EAPCI Focus on the Nurses and Allied Professionals (NAPs) Committee - Lene Klovgaard (Past Committee Chair), EuroIntervention Volume 11 Number 10