To provide an opportunity for clinical observation in the field of Arrhythmias and Cardiac Pacing in an ESC regular member country other than your own country. The EHRA Observational Training Programme (EOTP) is a valorisation of geographical mobility as well as cultural exchange and professional practice in the field of Electrophysiology and Cardiac Pacing.
The goal of this grant is to help electrophysiologists transfer state-of-the-art techniques, strategies, clinical and procedural standards to their home institutions through personal observation of expert electrophysiologists in selected and recognised training centres.
The EOTP addresses physicians with experience in the field of cardiology and basic interventional electrophysiology. The fellow will gain advanced theoretical knowledge in different clinical and interventional settings, including innovative EP / CP techniques.
Eligible applicants for the grant are:
- Citizen or permanent residents of an ESC member country
- Medical graduates who have completed their cardiology training and started electrophysiology training
- EHRA members at the time they take the grant & at the time of the application (mandatory)
- Have specific needs to observe specific techniques/procedures
- Preferably younger than 40 years old
- Fluent in English or native of the host institution's national language
Before application, candidates & centres should read the Rules and Regulations carefully.
First Step: ERTC Website and request your application
Check the ERTC website to find a centre and arrange the venue.
Please request your electronic application forms at EHRA@escardio.org
You will receive your application form within 15 days.
Important: Please provide your contact details (Names, Titles, Main Address, Telephone number) when requesting your application forms. Incomplete requests may prolong the whole process.
Second Step: Fill in the application forms
The individual application forms have four parts:
- PART A: Applicant's profile (to be filled in by the applicant)
- PART B: must be filled in by the Head of department or supervisor
- PART C: must be filled in by the Referee
- PART D: must be filled in by the administrative officer (e.g. Finance Officer, Registrar, Bursar, Secretary, Director) of the proposed host institution/ERTC
Third step: Send back the application forms (filled in and signed)
Each signer has to send back each part of the application forms (filled in and signed with a scanned signature) directly to EHRA@escardio.org
- The application form has three parts and is in electronic format (Word), and should be completed and submitted electronically (Word). Paper applications will not be accepted. PDF Documents are not accepted. All parts of the application should be returned by the closing date, by the responsible persons who have been requested to complete them, directly to the European Heart Rhythm Association electronically at EHRA@escardio.org.
- Applications will be submitted for consideration exactly as received by the office. Applicants are therefore urged not to submit incomplete forms and take the responsibility that they may be rejected.
- Applicants are asked to apply to one programme ONLY.
- Applications must conform to the accepted layout in the electronic forms and provide the necessary information as requested in the form. Please make a careful selection of your documentation