The EHRA Observational Training Programme (EOTP) provides an opportunity for clinical observation in the field of arrhythmias and cardiac pacing in an ESC regular member country other than your own country. It supports geographical mobility as well as cultural exchange and professional practice in the field of electrophysiology and cardiac pacing.
The goal of this grant is to help electrophysiologists transfer state-of-the-art techniques, strategies, clinical and procedural standards to their home institutions through personal observation of expert electrophysiologists in selected and recognised training centres.
The EOTP addresses physicians with experience in the field of cardiology and basic interventional electrophysiology. The fellow will gain advanced theoretical knowledge in different clinical and interventional settings, including innovative EP/CP techniques.
Please note that the application period is currently closed.
Eligible applicants for the grant are:
- Citizens or permanent residents of an ESC member country
- Medical graduates who have completed their cardiology training and started electrophysiology training
- EHRA Members at the time they take the grant and at the time of the application (mandatory)
- In need of observing specific techniques/procedures
- Preferably younger than 40 years old
- Fluent in English or the host institution's national language
Before application, candidates and centres should read the Rules and Regulations carefully.
Step 1: Find a participating centre
Check the list of participating centres and select where you would like to go.
Step 2: Fill in the application forms
The individual application forms have four parts:
- Part A – Applicant's profile (By clicking on Part A, you will be prompted to log in to your MyESC Account. On the left-hand menu, go to "Application", you will access Grant Application where you can complete the EHRA Observational Training Programme Application Form.
- Part B – Must be filled in by the head of department or supervisor
- Part C – Must be filled in by the referee
- Part D – Must be filled in by the administrative officer (e.g. Finance Officer, Registrar, Bursar, Secretary, Director) of the proposed host institution/ERTC
Parts B & C & D, once filled in, need to be uploaded in the main online application form (Part A) by the applicant.
Rules and Regulations