The Proctor programme has been created by EHRA to ease the transition from fellowship to independent practice once having completed the EHRA Training Fellowship Programmes or to acquire additional techniques, either in the field of Arrhythmias or Cardiac Pacing.
One allied professional from the applicant's centre will also be allowed to join the programme.
The goal of this award is to facilitate the start-up of the electrophysiology programme's fellows at his/her return to his/her home country after the end of the regular EHRA Training Fellowship Programme and to give the opportunity to established physicians to acquire additional techniques/skills.
The hosting centre once selected, will nominate a mentor to guide the applicants for the first procedure (and potentially subsequent procedures).
Mentors will be asked to travel to the local applicant's centre in their country, in order to supervise the first complex procedures together or to launch the use of specific technology.
The Proctor Programme is aimed at helping cardiologists learning specific techniques/procedures.
To be eligible for the programme you have to either:
- Be a former EHRA Fellows who have completed the regular EHRA Training Fellowship Programme.
- Have obtained a 'staff' position in their home country in the hospital in which the programme will be held.
Only EHRA Members can apply. If not a member yet, join EHRA now.
Training centres already involved in a regular EHRA Training Fellowship Programme may also apply to the proctor programme.
The Training Fellowship committee will review applications from both - individuals and centres - and provide the best suitable match to ensure a successful collaboration during the duration of the training fellowship.
All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of a regular ESC Member Country. You can check the country list here.
Prior to application, candidates and centres should read carefully the Rules and Regulations of the EHRA Proctor programme
First Step: Request your electronic application form
Please contact us to request your electronic application forms.
You will receive your application form within 15 days.
Important: Please provide your contact details (Names, Titles, Main Address with country, Telephone number) when requesting your application forms.
Incomplete requests may prolong the whole process.
Second Step: Fill in the application forms.
The individual application forms have three parts:
- PART A: Applicant's profile (to be filled in by the applicant)
- PART B: must be filled in by the Head of department or supervisor
- PART C: must be filled in by the Referee
Third step: Send back the application forms (filled in and signed).
The centre has to fill in the application form (only 1 part).
The applicant/centre must send back the first part to EHRA@escardio.org
Only for individual application
The Head of department or supervisor must send back directly the second part to EHRA@escardio.org
The Referee must send back directly the third part to EHRA@escardio.org.
Thanks to financial support from Industries, EHRA is proud to offer again this year a unique opportunity for individuals and centres.
1. The application form has three parts and is in electronic format (Word), and should be completed and submitted electronically (Word). Paper applications will not be accepted. PDF Documents are not accepted.
All parts of the application should be returned by the closing date, by the responsible persons who have been requested to complete them, directly to the European Heart Rhythm Association electronically at email@example.com.
2. Applications will be submitted for consideration exactly as received by the office. Applicants are therefore urged not to submit incomplete forms and take the responsibility that they may be rejected.
3. Applicants are asked to apply to one programme ONLY.
4. Applications must conform to the accepted lay-out in the electronic forms and provide the necessary information as requested in the form. Please make a careful selection of your documentation