EHRA is proud to offer again this year a unique fellowship opportunity for individuals and centres.
To provide an opportunity for clinical training in the field of arrhythmias and cardiac pacing in an ESC member country, for medical graduates having completed their cardiology training but before obtaining a permanent, senior staff or consultant position.
The goal of this programme is to help young candidates attain clinical competence and acquire high-quality experience in electrophysiology practice which will enable them to contribute to improving academic standards upon return to their own country.
EHRA Training Fellowships give physicians the opportunity to acquire specialised training in cardiac pacing (CP) in a regular ESC member country preferably outside their home country.
Physicians need to have completed their cardiology training but not yet obtained a consultant or equivalent permanent status.
This training fellowship promotes the development of academic medicine in the field of clinical electrophysiology with emphasis on ICD/CRT:
- For physicians with more extensive experience in the fields of cardiology and basic cardiac pacing: the one-year training fellowship will deal with pacemaker and ICD, including biventricular pacing, Hisian pacing, leadless pacing, and S-ICD leads extractions and other challenging cases, amongst other topics.
A unique approach to the EHRA Training Fellowship is that the association is pleased to support good educational practices by offering EHRA Recognised Training Centres.
The Training Fellowship Committee will review applications from both individuals and centres and provide the best suitable match to ensure a successful collaboration during the training fellowship.
All applicants must be:
Prior to their application, candidates and centres should carefully read the Rules and Regulations of the EHRA Training Fellowship programme.
- Applications are submitted exclusively via an online form
- Applications by email or paper applications will not be accepted
- To access the online application form please log in to your My ESC account and select 'New Application' in the 'Grant' section and select candidate application
The applicant will be required to apply through the online application form.
The online application process is divided into three parts:
- Part A – Main application form to be filled in online by the applicant
- Once you are logged in, go to ‘Applications’ and select 'New Application'
- Part B – Application form to be filled in by the head of department or supervisor, and uploaded by the applicant
- Part C – Application form to be filled in by the Referee, and uploaded by the applicant
NB: Parts B and C need to be uploaded in the main online application form (Part A) by the applicant.
IMPORTANT: The EHRA Fellowship Training programme application form will be visible and accessible during the application period only if you fulfil the eligibility criteria. If you cannot access it but believe that you are eligible, check your My ESC account to ensure that your information is accurate. If it is but you still cannot access the application, contact EHRA for assistance.
Application process for centres
- Application is done exclusively via an online form
- Applications by email or paper applications will NOT be accepted
- To access the online application form please log in to your My ESC account and select 'New Application' in the 'Grant' section and select centre application
- Online grading tool is set and shared with the EHRA Selection committee members
- Each EHRA Selection committee member grades individually
- An EHRA Selection committee meeting is organised to nominate the final winners, select the training centres and proceed with the matching.
- The EHRA Selection Committee will evaluate application through the analysis of the basic theoretical and practice experience, previous training experience, scientific engagement and personal project