Thanks to financial support from Industries, EHRA is proud to offer this year for the first time this unique opportunity for individuals and centres.
One-year training fellowships are offered to provide physicians the opportunity for clinical training in arrhythmia and cardiac pacing in a regular ESC Member Country, preferably outside their home country.
Physicians need to have completed their cardiology training but not yet obtained a consultant or equivalent permanent status.
This training fellowship aims at promoting the development of academic medicine in the field of arrhythmias and cardiac pacing with emphasis on ICD/CRT and is designed for physicians with more extensive experience in the fields of cardiology and electrophysiology. The fellows shall gain advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in the fields of: pacemaker and ICD including bi-ventricular pacing in heart failure patients, leads and devices extractions and other challenging cases.
A unique approach to the EHRA Training Fellowship is that the association is pleased to offer training centres the opportunity to apply and participate in the programme. Preference will be given to centres that already have an active fellowship programme and perform a minimum number of pacemaker and ICD implantations each year.
The Training Fellowship Committee will review applications from both - individuals and centres - and provide the best suitable match to ensure a successful collaboration during the duration of the training fellowship.
All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of a regular ESC Member Country . If you wonder whether you are a citizen or permanent resident of an :
Prior to application, Candidates & Centres should read carefully the Rules and Regulations of the EHRA Training Fellowships programme.
First Step: Request your electronic application form
Please request your electronic application forms at EHRA@escardio.org
You will receive your application form within 15 days.
Important: Please provide your contact details (Names, Titles, Main Address and country, Telephone number) when requesting your application forms. Incomplete requests may prolong the whole process.
Second Step: Fill in the application forms
The individual application forms have three parts:
- PART A: Applicant's profile (to be filled in by the applicant)
- PART B: must be filled in by the Head of department or supervisor
- PART C: must be filled in by the Referee
Third step: Send back the application forms (filled in and signed)
The centre has to fill in the application form (only 1 part).
The applicant/centre must send back the first part to EHRA@escardio.org
Only for individual application:
The Head of department or supervisor must send back directly the second part to EHRA@escardio.org
The Referee must send back directly the third part to EHRA@escardio.org
- The application form has three parts and is in electronic format (Word), and should be completed and submitted electronically (Word). Paper applications will not be accepted. All parts of the application should be returned by the closing date, by the responsible persons who have been requested to complete them, directly to the European Heart Rhythm Association electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be submitted for consideration exactly as received by the office. Applicants are therefore urged not to submit incomplete forms and take the responsibility that they may be rejected.
- Applicants are asked to apply to one Programme ONLY.
- Applications must conform to the accepted lay-out in the electronic forms and provide the necessary information as requested in the form. Please make a careful selection of your documentation.
EHRA Training Fellowship grading process
- Online grading tool is set and share with the EHRA Training Fellowship committee members
- Each EHRA Training Fellowship committee members grade individually
- A committee meeting is organise to nominate the final winners, select the training centres and proceed with the matching