The grandparenting process consists of the following steps:
- Step 1: Initiate your request by clicking on the registration button
- Step 2: Submit your confirmation letter* on the dedicated platform.
- Step 3: After submission, your application will be reviewed by a review panel who will evaluate your eligibility to receive CCT Level 3 Certification.
- Step 4: you will receive your results by email. In case of success, you will also receive your Level 3 Certificate.
The decision of the Certification review panel with regard to grandparenting is final. There is no appeal process.
* Please note that the board reserves the right to request all documentation proving what has been stated in the letter (proof of CME, certificate of a medical degree, certificate of specialization, presentation, publications...).
The grandparenting route will require a combination of clinical experience and either evidence of education and proven research record within the field of CCT. The examination board will also accept a combination of research and education.
Individuals wishing to apply under this scheme must demonstrate the following:
- Clinical experience: 5 years or more practice of CCT. Including the performance of greater than 1,000 cases in this area.
- CME (Continuing Medical Education): 15 h/year average CME over the period of practice.
Education: Presentation of 3 or more invited talks at CME-accredited international conferences; or EACVI/SCCT or national society endorsed courses in the field of CCT.
Research: Publication of 5 or more (first or last author) original research articles in peer-reviewed journals in the field of CCT.
A combination of 5 presentations and publications total that satisfy the criteria outlined in Education or Research.