Survey: antithrombotic drug use in patients undergoing surgical and/or endovascular revascularisation
The Working Group on Aorta and Peripheral Vascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology would like to collect some non-identifiable information about your preferences regarding antithrombotic management of patients undergoing revascularization of popliteal, crural and/or pedal arteries for Chronic Limb Threatening Ischaemia (CLTI).
It will take you less than 5 minutes.
Results will be published on this webpage (tentative date June 2021).
What is new in the management of aortic diseases since the last ESC guidelines
- Assimilate new data since the 2014 ESC guidelines on Aortic disease
- Manage patients with diseases of aorta with updated knowledge
Part 1 - Why and how should I diagnose LEAD? Access webinar >
Part 2 - How should I manage LEAD? Access webinar >
- To understand the prognostic burden of PAD
- To learn the diagnostic tools and algorithms
- To illustrate the non-pharmacologic strategies for PAD management
- To illustrate up-to-date pharmacologic management of PAD
Updates in antithrombotic therapy for cardiovascular diseases
This educational programme made of a series of 3 free webinars is designed to update general and clinical cardiologists, angiologists and physicians – thanks to practical tips for their daily practice - on Anti-thrombotic therapy in Peripheral Artery Diseases (PAD) & Coronary Artery Diseases (CAD).
This initiative is co-organised by two Working Groups: "Aorta and Peripheral Vascular Diseases" and "Thrombosis".
Educational Training Programmes
Antithrombotic Therapies: Clinical challenges and future directions
Following the webinar series “Updates in antithrombotic therapy for cardiovascular diseases”, the ESC Working Group on Aorta and Peripheral Vascular Diseases and the ESC Working Group on Thrombosis are renewing their collaboration to propose this course.
Eight sessions aims at:
- Understanding clinically relevant mechanisms of action (haemostatic and pharmacological) underlying the most recent and effective combined antithrombotic strategies in atherothrombotic and venous thromboembolic diseases
- Managing atherothrombotic diseases in the chronic and acute settings, in special patient populations such as diabetic, chronic kidney disease, pregnant, obese, older and/or frail patients who remain an unmet clinical need in spite of the most recent evidence
- Managing cardioembolic and venous thromboembolic diseases in the chronic and/or acute settings, with a special focus on cancer patients
Arteries from head to toe
The Educational Training Programme aims to provide physicians with up-to-date knowledge of peripheral artery disease in order to guide management.
Eight sessions aims at:
- Clarifying diagnostic processes, including differential diagnoses
- Giving critical review of revascularization strategies
- Describing current guidelines about medical and invasive therapies
- Reviewing the basics of ABI assessment and vascular imaging
ESC Congress resources
Access ESC Congress resources on Peripheral Circulation / Stroke from the past four years
Working Group meeting resources
A joint session during EuroPCR 2015 congress between Peripheral Circulation Working Group and European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Intervention.
Featured cases and images
Find a selection of interesting cases or images provided by members of the working group. We invite all of you, Working Group members, to submit your proposals. The image should depict findings linked to peripheral circulation with a legend or a brief presentation. If you are interested in submitting a case or an image, please contact the Working Group Web-editor.