How the EAPC supports its Young Community
As a member of the EAPC Young Community, you benefit from:
- Discounted EAPC Silver Membership
- Discounted ESC Preventive Cardiology congress registration for EAPC Silver Members under the age of 40
- Young Investigators Award sessions at ESC Preventive Cardiology congress
- Networking opportunities (open meetings, social events and more)
If you are an EAPC member, under 40 years of age, and a young professional (cardiologist, general practitioner, nurse or allied professional) or medical student, then you will automatically be part of this dynamic community. There is no need to apply.
The EAPC Young Community on social media
The EAPC Young Community LinkedIn group is a network of young physicians and allied professionals interested in cardiovascular prevention, basic science, rehabilitation, and sports cardiology. The group is where young professionals can brainstorm on new projects in preventive cardiology.
Five reasons to participate:
- Make new connections
- Share ideas and initiatives
- Find contributors to your scientific projects
- Exchange with your peers, get advice and feedback
- Stay informed about EAPC activities and benefits for young professionals
You can also join us on Facebook to connect with more than 1,000 users.
EAPC Young Ambassadors
Are you already a member of the EAPC Young Community but want to get more involved?
Join our network of EAPC Young Ambassadors!
You will be the main point of contact for young scientists and physicians in your country and help spread the word about EAPC initiatives and scientific activities at the national level. You will also strengthen or build new partnerships with national groups.
Young Community representatives within the EAPC
The following young leaders in the field of preventive cardiology have been appointed to represent the Young Community within the EAPC:
- Lead, EAPC Board (ex officio): Francesco Perone (IT)
- Communications Committee: Savvas Hadjiphilippou (UK)
- Education Committee: Stefan Busnatu (RO)
- Education Committee Deputy: Gal Tsaban (IL)
- Congress Programme Committee: Svetlana Liliana Mosteoru (RO)
- Congress Programme Committee Deputy: Emmanuel Androulakis (UK)
- Membership Committee: Buket Akinci (TR)
- Membership Committe Deputy: Maarten Falter (BE)
- Prevention Implementation Committee: Martijn Scherrenberg (BE)
- Research Committee: Edoardo Conte (IT)
- Research Committee Deputy: Geza Halasz (CH)
The appointment of those representatives gives the EAPC Young Community a voice in the association’s development and stimulates the growth of the EAPC Young Community.