Purpose of EHRA Fellowship
In 2016, the European Heart Rhythm Association introduced the title 'Fellow of the European Heart Rhythm Association' (FEHRA) as an honorary recognition of status for its most prominent members.
The title recognises EHRA Members who have made exceptional contributions to the domain of cardiac rhythm, distinguishing themselves in clinical, educational, and organisational aspects of the field.
Privileges and benefits
- Use of the "FEHRA" designation in signatures
- All of the benefits of EHRA Silver Membership
- Unlimited access to EHRA congress resources on ESC 365
- Discount on certification exams and educational courses
- Access to monthly webinars and EHRA courses on the ESC e-Learning Platform
- Access to EHRA grants, fellowships and training programmes
- Discount on EHRA books, ESC textbooks and handbooks, and OUP publications
- Online subscription to EP Europace journal*
- Free registration to EHRA congress
- 30% discount on Article Processing Charge for FEHRA (for corresponding authors only)
- Access to the EHRA Members Lounge during EHRA congresses
- Electronic fellowship certificate
- FEHRA lapel pin
- Leading and mentoring** roles in EHRA initiatives and activities
*EP Europace will begin publishing as a fully open-access journal in January 2023
**If you wish, we can share your contact information with the EHRA Young EP Community
FEHRA privileges and benefits listed herein are worth over €1,000 but are included in the annual fellowship fee of €308 (incl. VAT).
- Candidates who wish to become a Fellow of the EHRA must be EHRA Members who have demonstrated excellence in at least one of the following three domains of cardiac rhythm: research at national or international levels, teaching and, training and clinical care
- Candidates must submit:
- copies of academic diplomas (MD, PhD, or equivalent). Original document accepted;
- at least 10 publications with the applicant as first or last author – with a cumulative impact factor of 40 – available via PubMed;
- one supporting letter from either an EP president within his/her National Cardiac Society/working group or from an EHRA Board Member;
- a short CV.
Please note that all supporting documents referred to herein are mandatory.
Online application procedure for FEHRA
- All applications must be submitted using our dedicated online system (via your My ESC account)
- Newly-accepted Fellows of the EHRA will be informed by email in December
- Annual fellowship fee fee of €308 (incl. VAT) is due before 31 December
- Annual membership with its attendant privileges, benefits and duties, begins on 1 January
- Download the CV template
- Learn more about the rules and regulations
Not an EHRA Member yet? Join here
The status of EFEHRA will be conferred by the EHRA Selection Committee upon written request of the FEHRA when he/she reaches the minimum age of 65 years and retires from full-time work. Proof of retirement should be provided to the EHRA Team.
An Emeritus Fellow retains the title of FEHRA but is no longer required to pay the annual FEHRA fee.
They are entitled to attend the EHRA congress at a reduced registration fee.
The status of EFEHRA will not be offered to fellows with outstanding (unpaid) FEHRA fees.
In 2021, Profs. John Camm and Federico Lombardi became EFEHRA.