The European Cardiac Arrhythmia Genetics (ECGen) focus group will represent EHRA in the field of cardiac arrhythmia genetics, addressing important issues including: education and training; patient pathways and guidelines; and research.
- Develop and harmonise patient pathways and guidelines for clinical cardiology and genetic management of patients with arrhythmia syndromes and arrhythmic genetic disorders on behalf of EHRA and in collaboration with other European and international stakeholders
- Provide a framework for delivering education and training in the genetic arrhythmia field to European doctors and allied professionals
- Provide a platform for interaction with national and European patient interest groups
- Promote collaboration of members to collect data for research as well as interact with other stakeholders where objectives are shared
- Collaborate with the ESC Working Group for Myocardial and Pericardial Diseases, the Association for European Cardiovascular Pathology, the European Society of Human Genetics and the new ESC Council for Cardiovascular Genomics
All ordinary members of ECGen will require status as either a trainee or fully qualified adult or paediatric cardiologist, geneticist, pathologist, scientist, registered nurse or genetic counsellor with an interest in the field of cardiac arrhythmia genetics. Membership of EHRA would be the only other requirement.
You can fill in the ECGen joining form in your My ESC account under "New application”. Application forms will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
The Focus Group
We have established an initial multi-disciplinary Focus Group for the first year derived from EHRA Members. A process for electing the first Elected Focus Group by the membership and rules for procedures will then be established by this initial Focus Group and approved by the ordinary membership.
The Elected Focus Group has a two-year term and will be subject to re-election every two years in the EHRA cycle.
The Focus Group consists of:
- Prof. Elijah Behr - ECGen Chairperson
- Dr. Lia Crotti - ECGen Vice Chair
- Dr. Giulio Conte - EHRA Scientific Initiatives Committee Member
- Prof. Eric Schulze-Bahr - EHRA Education Committee Member
- Prof. Jacob Tfelt-Hansen - EHRA Congress Scientific Programme Committee Member
- Prof. Arthur Wilde - EHRA Scientific Documents Committee Member
- Dr. Nynke Hofman - Genetic Counsellor
- Dr. Georgia Sarquella Brugada (Pediatric Cardiology)
- Dr. Irina Rudaka - Trainee Physician
- Ms. Katie Frampton - Genetic Nurse
- Assoc. Prof. Carol Ann Remme - Scientist
Back in October 2020, we asked our members to share the major activities the ECGen should focus on. Out of 82 members, 50 answers were obtained. Results are available here