"This year, the EHRA Nominating Committee has opted not to ‘nominate’ a limited list of candidates for the executive board elections. Rather, we have specified the criteria to which the candidates need to adhere. The nominating committee has ensured that all candidates for the executive board elections are qualified according to these criteria, and that those who are qualified can all participate.
Therefore, the elections for Secretary may require two rounds: if none of the candidates has more than 51% of the votes after the first (electronic) election round, the two best-placed candidates will participate in a second round.
The nominating committee has asked the two candidates for President-Elect to answer five specific questions on topics that you, EHRA Members, have highlighted as important."
Prof. Hein Heidbuchel
2020–2022 EHRA Nominating Committee Chair
Discover the candidates
The Nominating Committee asked the two candidates to answer five specific questions:
- What is your vision for the financial and human resources of EHRA within the ESC?
- Do you think that an EHRA-only membership (i.e. without ESC Professional Membership) should be offered? Why or why not?
- What more can EHRA do for clinical training, education and certification of electrophysiologists?
- What should the role of EHRA be in research?
- What is the role of EHRA in the production of recommendations and guidelines?
Members of the nominating committee