To achieve its mission, the Section will engage in several activities, whose topics can range from applied issues to discussions of the biological mechanisms of exercise.
- Elaboration and publication of recommendations for the safe and effective participation of patients and healthy adults of all ages in physical exercise.
- Elaboration and publication of position papers related to exercise in CVD prevention and rehabilitation.
- Elaboration and publication of scholarly scientific documents
- Facilitation of the development of original research projects
- Organisation of and/or participation in educational activities related to the Section’s goals.
- New scientific advances in exercise physiology A. Mezzani (2009)
- View the ESC Congress 2009 webcasts on CVD Prevention
- Standards for the use of cardiopulmonary exercise testing for the functional evaluation of cardiac patients: a report from the Exercise Physiology Section of the European Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2009;16:249-267.
- Assessment of physical activity: a review of methodologies with reference to epidemiological research (in progress)
- Cardiovascular evaluation of adult/senior individuals engaged in leisure-time or competitive sport activities (in progress)
- EuroPRevent 2009 Exercise Physiology Poster Prize: M Angevaren (NL), Physical activity and 5-year cognitive decline in middle-aged men and women.
- EuroPRevent 2008 Exercise Physiology Poster Prize: Marzena Zurek, Exercise Training Reduces Oscillatory Ventilation during Exertion.
- EuroPRevent 2007 Exercise Physiology Poster Prize: Dr Griet Van Thielen (BE) Rate response and cardiac resynchronisation therapy in chronic heart failure: higher cardiac output does not acutely improve exercise performance.
Alessandro Mezzani (IT) : Chairperson
To be elected : Chairperson-Elect
Sanja Mazic (YU) : Secretary
Luc Vanhees (BE), Martin Halle (DE), Nickos Geladas (GR), Evangelia Kouidi (GR), Attila Simon (HU), Ana Jegier (PL), Tim Takken (NL), Axel Urhausen (LU) : Past-Chairperson Nucleus members