|3 June (23:59 CEST)||Call for candidacies (closed)|
|June||Review of candidacies|
|4 July - 4 August||E-voting|
|August||Announcement of results (at EAPC General Assembly, date to be confirmed)|
EAPC Executive Officer elections
Professor Michael Papadakis (UK), EAPC President-Elect, is looking to engage active and dedicated volunteers to take on leading roles in the association for the 2022–2024 mandate: this is an opportunity to be at the forefront of your association, determining the EAPC’s direction and shaping the future of preventive cardiology.
The call for candidates is now open for the positions of:
- EAPC President-Elect
- EAPC Secretary
- EAPC Treasurer
The Executive Officers advise the board and oversee the implementation of the board's decisions.
Role and responsibilities
- To discuss business and operational plans, operations, organisation and major projects and actual results and to report to the EAPC Board on a regular basis
- To discuss and report to the EAPC Board on governance issues
- To oversee the allocation of resources according to the ESC and association's approved governance rules
- To propose, together with the EAPC Manager and ESC Management the budget for approval
- To review policy for the financial business of the EAPC
EAPC Executive Officers are expected to attend online meetings each month, in addition to regular EAPC Board meetings (4-6 per year) and General Assemblies (two per year).
For more information on the roles and responsibilities for each position, please consult the EAPC Constitution.
- Members may only stand for one position in any one election.
- Only EAPC Members holding voting rights may stand for board positions
- Candidates for EAPC President-Elect must have served in a previous EAPC Board or elected position in the association
- Except for those applying for the position of President-Elect, candidates cannot stand for election for more than three consecutive elections
- Representatives from industry companies are not eligible to be part of the EAPC Board
For more information on the eligibility criteria, please consult the EAPC Constitution.
Applications must be made online, please note that applications received by email will not be accepted. Applications will be reviewed by the EAPC Nominating Committee before the announcement of the final slate.
The following information and documents will be required for the online application:
- Personal information: title, name, country and email address
- Vision statement (1,200 character maximum)
- Curriculum vitae (please use this template)
- Signed statement (please use this template)
- Supporting letter(s). A nomination must be accompanied by a proposer and seconder who are also members of the association
- Candidates will be invited to fill/update their DOI during the review process in June.
EAPC Section Nuclei Member elections
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who commit to participate on projects or committees, contribute to joint research projects, papers or organisational tasks, and bring in members/topics from their team/university/country/professional network. Section members are expected to attend the section meetings and videoconferences (at least two per year) and commit to completing assigned tasks within deadlines set by the Chairperson. Sections members are elected for a mandate of two years, renewable twice, for a maximum mandate duration of six years as nucleus member.
Role and responsibilities
Section members should be able to:
- Establish collaborative networks within and outside the nucleus to promote research in their field
- Participate in the design of ESC Preventive Cardiology, the EAPC's annual congress, by proposing topics and speakers
- Attend and actively participate in the nucleus meetings and videoconferences
- Participate in nucleus and the EAPC activities at annual congresses (ESC and/or ESC Preventive Cardiology)
- Propose/lead the design and writing of EAPC scientific and clinical statements
- Participate in the proposal, design, and collection of data in multi-centre collaborative registries
- Prepare educational quizzes and How To articles
- Represent the section on EAPC committees and task forces
- Members may only stand for one position in any one election
- Only EAPC Members from ESC member countries* may stand for Section nuclei members positions
- Representatives from industry companies are not eligible to be part of the EAPC Sections.
Applications must be made online; please note that applications received by email will not be accepted.
The following information and documents will be required for the application.
- Personal information: title, name, country, and email address
- Curriculum vitae (please use this template)
- Vision statement (1,200 characters maximum)
- Candidate statement (please use this template)
Applications will be reviewed by the respective Section Chair, Chair-Elect and Secretary, who will make a pre-selection, before the announcement of the final slate.
All candidates will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Qualifications, awards, prizes
- Experience in the field of the section
- Research output
- Active involvement with the EAPC
- Positions of responsibility including educational positions
- Invited talks or chairs
- Vision statement
Population Science and Public Health Section
Open positions: 8
We seek enthusiastic colleagues to participate in our section comprising clinical, non-clinical and allied health professionals. We particularly welcome applications from Young Community members. Applicants should be experienced, or keen to be involved, in one of the following areas: lifestyle (nutrition, exercise), health behaviours (psychology, sleep), risk factors, epidemiology, social inequalities, exposome, gender inequalities, omics (epigenetics, genomics), occupational cardiology, clinical experience relating to risk factor modification, big data and public health.
Our mission is to:
- Investigate, define standards and promote cardiometabolic health on a population level
- Stress the importance of socio-economic, environmental, lifestyle, metabolic risk factors and treatment in cardiovascular prevention at all levels
- Define and enable risk stratification for prevention
- Support cardiologists, allied professionals, researchers, and policymakers in their prevention activities
We achieve this through:
- Collaborations in research within our section and other sections of the EAPC
- Writing educational material hosted on the association's website
- Participating in the association's committees
- Supporting the annual ESC Preventive Cardiology conference
- Contributing to online learning
- Leading Scientific Consensus statements on important areas (recent examples include Nutrition and E-Cigarettes).
Primary Care and Risk Factor Management Section
Open positions: 4
We are looking for primary care physicians or other primary care stakeholders (e.g., nurses, physical therapists, psychologists, dietitians, pharmacists) who have a connection to (inter)national primary care networks and play an active role in the following areas: scientific research, implementation, education, prevention, risk factor management, and/or CVD prevention in primary care, community, and workplace settings, and cardiologists or vascular physicians who work primarily in primary care or risk factor management and have a similar profile.
Experience with behavioural health promotion and disease prevention interventions, emerging technologies (AI, telemedicine, etc.), and occupational cardiology* would be an asset.
Secondary Prevention and Rehabilitation Section
Open positions: 6
We are looking for candidates with different backgrounds: cardiology, physiotherapy, movement science, psychology, nutrition, social work, occupational cardiology, etc. Candidates must be actively involved and experienced in one or more of the following topics in preventive cardiology:
- Enhancement of healthy lifestyles (by dietary counselling, exercise prescription/training and physical activity, psychosocial and motivational counselling/health, and/or smoking cessation)
- Risk factor management (e.g. obesity, diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidaemia and non-conventional risk factors)
- Implementation of comprehensive, multidisciplinary prevention and exercise-based rehabilitation programs (centre-based and tele-rehabilitation) for persons with acquired or congenital cardiovascular disease or elevated cardiovascular risk (including challenging populations such as organ transplant recipients or persons with chronic renal failure, frailty or cancer)
- Basic and translational research to study the underlying mechanisms involved in the health-promoting effects of secondary prevention and rehabilitation, which will contribute to optimised treatments to persons with cardiovascular disease
Sports Cardiology and Exercise Section
Open positions: 4
Candidates should have a minimum of three years of clinical experience in sports cardiology, exercise prescription and/or exercise physiology. Experience in the fields of inherited cardiac diseases and genetics, arrhythmias, paediatric sports cardiology, or occupational cardiology.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who:
- Are recognised at national or international level for their clinical and/or research contribution in the field sports cardiology, exercise prescription and/or exercise physiology.
- Can establish collaborative networks within and outside the section to foster research.
- Have contributed to EAPC activities and are keen to actively continue to advance the EAPC mission.
- Only EAPC Ivory, Silver or Gold Members from ESC member countries* (country of work and/or mailing address in their My ESC account profile) who have paid their full annual membership dues are eligible to vote
- A member is considered eligible for voting after two months of membership
Elections will be conducted online from 4 July to 4 August 2022.
EAPC Members from ESC member countries* who paid their membership dues by 4 May 2022 23:59 CEST (i.e. two months before the online voting platform opens) and with an active membership on 4 July 2022 will be eligible to vote in the 2022 elections.
Read the EAPC Constitution for more information on the election regulations.
*The Belorussian Scientific Society of Cardiology and the Russian Society of Cardiology are temporarily suspended from membership in the ESC. See ESC Statement.