Improving the patient experience and their understanding of laboratory-based catheterisation procedures is a key aim of the EAPCI. The EAPCI Patient Initiatives Committee has been set up with this in mind. The current EAPCI Patient Initiatives Committee is serving from May 2022 to May 2024. The term for 2022-2024 aims to achieve several key objectives, including a comprehensive review article on Patient Reported Outcome Measures in cardiology, the development of a post-PCI ESC patient information leaflet, and the appointment of at least one patient as a committee member.
During the two previous terms (2018–2020 and 2020–2022), the committee worked on a number of collaborative projects, together with the ESC Patient Group, focusing on improving the patient experience and their understanding when undergoing percutaneous interventions.
- A Patient Reported Experience Measurements (PREM) questionnaire was drafted and is now available in ten different languages as the “European Patient Experience in the Catheterisation Laboratory” PATCATH. The aim of this questionnaire is to understand and improve patients' experience while undergoing catheterisation laboratory-based procedures.
- Additionally, in keeping with the aim of improving patient understanding and engagement, five patient information videos were produced and are now available for viewing, explaining:
- How a diagnostic coronary angiogram is performed
- How a percutaneous coronary intervention is performed
- How a transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) is performed
- How a transcatheter edge-to-edge repair of the mitral valve is performed
- How a left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO) is performed
- A European survey on consenting practices for interventional procedures with the aim to discern differences across different countries and regions.
Access the preliminary results
- Development and validation of a Patient Reported Outcome Measure (PROM) for angina.
- Chairperson: Dr. Rasha Al-Lamee
- Co-chairperson: Dr. Anna Dagre
- Dr. Yolande Appleman
- Dr. Shrilla Banerjee
- Prof. Israel Barbash
- Dr. Dario Tino Bertolone
- Dr. Pavlos Bounas
- Dr. Joao Daniel Brito
- Dr. Serena Caglioni
- Dr. Danny Dvir
- Dr. Ofer Kobo
- Dr. Panagiota Kostakou
- Dr. Michael Foley
- Dr. Davorka Lulic
- Mr. Paul McGreavy
- Dr. Mariano Pellicano
- Dr. Tatyana Storozhenko