The ACVC White Book 2016: First edition
The ACVC White Book is the first attempt to describe with detail the peculiarities of acute cardiovascular care in Europe.
It is a unique piece of information to understand the needs and the challenges to improve acute cardiovasculare care and to help achieving the ESC mission “to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease”
For each country, the document provides information on the following topics:
- How the Health Care System is organised to manage acute cardiac care?
- How hospitals are reimbursed for acute cardiac care patients?
- National or large regional registries
- Guidelines adhered to for the management of acute cardiac patients
- Specialists required for technical procedures in acute cardiac care
- Management of some common pathologies in acute cardiac care
- Units that manage patients who need acute cardiac care
- Sites and units that manage patients who need acute cardiac care
- What are the main difficulties encountered with acute cardiac care in the country?