- Disseminate knowledge about the proper clinical application of cardiac biomarkers in acute cardiac care.
- Advise on the appropriate application of biomarkers in cardiovascular research.
- Promote opportunities for composing guidelines for implementation of cardiac biomarkers in acute cardiac care.
- Be a counselling source for authorities regarding the appropriate clinical use of cardiac biomarkers.
- The retirement of CKMB
- Cardiac biomarkers in the field of cardio-oncology
- How is cardiac troponin released from cardiomyocytes?
- Screening the general population: a role for cardiac biomarkers?
- Use of B-type natriuretic peptide and N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide in the emergency department
- The origin and future of cardiac troponin testing
- How to deal with unexpected cardiac troponin results
- Blood and imaging biomarkers in type 2 myocardial infarction
- Future application of point of care high-sensitivity cardiac troponin testing in the Emergency Department
- How to implement novel diagnostic algorithms for non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in the emergency department.
- The Study Group on Biomarkers of the ESC Association for Acute Cardiovascular Care.
- Biomarker-based risk scores in atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac myosin-binding protein C as a biomarker of acute myocardial infarction
- Rapid diagnostic algorithms for non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction
- Cardiovascular biomarkers in COVID-19
- Cardiovascular biomarkers in patients with COVID-19
- ESC Study Group on Cardiac Biomarkers of the Association for Acute CardioVascular Care: A fond farewell at the retirement of CKMB
2020 and onwards
- Biomarkers of coagulation and fibrinolysis in acute myocardial infarction: a joint position paper of the Association for Acute CardioVascular Care and the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Thrombosis (2020)
- Application of the fourth universal definition of myocardial infarction in clinical practice (2020)
- Fourth universal definition of myocardial infarction (2018)
- How is cardiac troponin released from injured myocardium? (2017)
- Use of copeptin for rapid rule-out of acute myocardial infarction (2017)
- What to do when you question cardiac troponin values? (2017)
- Rapid Rule Out of Acute Myocardial Infarction: Novel Biomarker-Based Strategies (2016)
- Editor's Choice-Rule-in of Acute Myocardial Infarction: Focus on Troponin (2016)
- Will sacubitril-valsartan diminish the clinical utility of B-type natriuretic peptide testing in acute cardiac care? (2016)
- How to use D-dimer in acute cardiovascular care (2016)
Study Group Members
- Prof. Christian Mueller, SW - Chairperson
- Prof. Nicholas Mills, UK - Deputy Chairperson
- Bertil Lindahl, SE (Past-Chair)
- Kristian Thygesen, (DK) - Founder of the study group
- Louise Cullen (AU)
- Evangelos Giannitsis (DE)
- Ola Hammarsten (SE)
- Kurt Huber (AT)
- Allan Jaffe (USA)
- Konstantin Krychtiuk (AT) (young ACVC member)
- Johannes Mair (AT)
- Martin Moeckel (DE)
- Lori Daniels (USA)
- Matthias Thielmann (GE)
- ACVC Biomarker series 2022
- Implementation of the ESC 1-hour algorithm for the evaluation of chest pain
- Fast & immediate rule out strategy in patients with suspected ACS - strengths and limitations
- Differential diagnosis of patients with acute chest pain - What can biomarkers contribute?
Restricted access to ACVC Silver Members
- Fourth Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction Essentials for clinical practice
- Clinical Interpretation of High-sensitivity Cardiac Troponin